Bring apple compote to a boil, turn off and insist for 20 minutes.
How to cook apple compote
Products for compote
Apples – 700 grams
Water – 1.5 liters
Sugar – half a glass
How to cook compote from apples
1. Select hard ripe apples for compote.
2. Wash the apples, remove the core, cut into 10-12 slices.
3. Pour apples with cold water and put on fire.
4. Pour sugar into the apples, bring to a boil with stirring and turn off.
5. Let the compote brew for 20 minutes. Pour compote into mugs and serve chilled.
Compote from apples in a slow cooker
1. Put the apples in a slow cooker.
2. Add sugar, pour ranetki with boiling water and set the multicooker to the “Extinguishing” mode.
3. Boil compote for 15 minutes and then, without opening the slow cooker, insist for 20 minutes.
4. Pour apple compote into sterilized jars and twist.
Compote from apples in a bread machine The bread machine
holds a small amount of ingredients, use 3 times less products!
1. Put the apples in a bucket of a bread machine.
2. Pour boiling water in which sugar was diluted.
3. Set the bread maker to the “Jam” mode and cook for 20 minutes.
– If the compote is cooked for daily use , it is better not to boil the drink, but to insist: turn it off immediately after boiling, wrap the pan with a towel and let it cool.
– So that the apples do not darken during cooking, you can soak them for 7 minutes in water with the addition of citric acid.
– To give apple compote an original taste, you can add orange or tangerine peels, a teaspoon of cinnamon.
– In a drink prepared without boiling , up to 50% of antioxidant vitamins C and E are preserved, vitamins of group B, which are necessary to maintain healthy skin, are almost completely preserved. In compote using long-term cooking, no more than 5% of the vitamins from the original will remain, but such a compote will perfectly quench your thirst and please you with taste.
– Apple compote, even boiled, contains useful substances : potassium and magnesium, which improve the functioning of the heart, as well as activating the metabolism of phosphorus, calcium and iron. – Apples go well together with any fruit and berries. You can cook a delicious compote of apples with raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, apricots. Apples in mixed drinks do not interrupt the taste and aroma of additional ingredients, but, on the contrary, enhance and brighten.
– Caloric content of apple compote – 90 kcal / 100 grams.
– Apple compote can be offered to babies from six months. To do this, compote is made from a glass of water of 250 milliliters and 1 large apple without adding sugar. Peel the apple, chop it and put it in cold water. Bring to a boil, turn off, cool for 1 hour. Serve the breast warm or cold.
– If the compote turns white or cloudy, such a compote is moldy and not suitable for consumption. Vinegar can be made from compote, but amateurs are not recommended to do this. The compote becomes cloudy or white, usually due to improper sterilization or bad water. To prevent infection, use only high-quality purified water for apple compote.