Manty is steamed for 30 – 40 minutes in a pressure cooker. Manty in a double boiler is cooked for 40-45 minutes.
How to cook manti
Minced pork and beef – 1 kilogram
Onion – 2 heads
Flour – 500 grams
Chicken egg – 1 piece
Water – half a glass
Salt, pepper – half a teaspoon
How to cook manti
Prepare the dough for manti
1. Pour flour into a bowl, add half a glass of boiled water at room temperature, salt, break a raw chicken egg into a bowl. Mix the ingredients and knead the dough so that it does not stick to your hands. Roll the finished dough into a ball, cover or put in a bag and leave at room temperature for half an hour.
2. Sprinkle the work surface with flour. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin so that its thickness is a couple of millimeters. Roll out the remaining dough and roll out again.
3. Cut the dough into squares with a side of 10 centimeters.
Prepare the filling for manti
1. Peel and finely chop the onion.
2. Add the onion to the minced meat, salt and season, mix well.
1. Put a tablespoon of minced meat on each square of dough.
2. Blind the manti by twisting the edges of the dough.
Cook manti in a pressure cooker
1. Put the manti on the pressure cooker circles, greased with butter.
2. Pour water (1 liter) into the bottom of the pressure cooker. 3. Cook manti for half an hour under a closed lid.
Store ready-made manti in a closed container in the refrigerator for no more than 5 days, or in the freezer.
Serve manti with chopped herbs and sour cream, pickled vegetables and pickles.
Sauces for manti – adjika , horseradish , dogwood sauce , tkemali .
How to cook manti without a pressure cooker
How to cook manti in a frying pan
Manti can be cooked in a frying pan, for this you need to pour oil and water into it by 1 centimeter.
How to cook manti in a colander
Pour water into a saucepan and put on fire. Lubricate the colander with oil, lay out the manti; put on top of the saucepan, cook for 30 minutes.
How to cook manti in a double boiler
Put manti in a double boiler, cook for 40-45 minutes.
How to cook manti in a saucepan
If all of the above methods do not suit you, cook manti in a saucepan like ordinary dumplings!
How to cook manti in
a slow cooker Put the manti in a steaming basket, after lubricating it with oil. Pour water into the multicooker pan, place a basket with manti on top. Set the multicooker to the “Steaming” mode and the time is 50 minutes. When the water boils (after 10 minutes) – start cooking and finish it after 40 minutes.
Toppings for manti
Lenten fillings for manti – a pound of diced pumpkin, 150 grams of mung bean, a pound of grated potatoes, a pound of chopped fish fillet, a pound of chopped white cabbage, a pound of boiled forest mushrooms (finely chopped).
Juiciness of manti
If you use hard minced meat, then in order for the manti to be juicy, you need to add a quarter cup of boiled water to the minced meat.
Manti and traditions
Traditionally, when preparing manti, minced lamb or finely chopped lamb fillet is used, the dough is prepared without adding an egg.