Eggs until fully cooked (hard boiled) are boiled for 10 minutes from the moment of boiling, laying in cold water.
Slightly undercooked eggs are boiled a little less: to get soft-boiled eggs, they are boiled for 2-3 minutes , in a bag for 5-6 minutes .
Boil homemade fresh chicken eggs longer – from 8 ( soft-boiled ) to 13 minutes (hard-boiled).
How to boil eggs
- Chicken eggs should be washed under water before cooking.
- Put the eggs in a saucepan and pour over cold water so that it covers the eggs with a margin. It is cold water that is needed, and if you use boiling or very hot water, the shell can burst and ruin the look of the finished breakfast. If you are in a hurry, pour boiling water from the kettle and a little tap water, and so that the eggs do not crack when cooked, add a teaspoon of salt or pour the same amount of 9% vinegar into the water before putting the eggs.
Put the pan with the eggs on the fire, cook for 7-10 minutes.
- After hard-boiling, pour cold water over the eggs.
- Break an eggshell on a board or with a spoon.
- Peel eggs from the shell and serve or use in dishes. Your chicken eggs are cooked!
How to eat boiled eggs
The shell of hard-boiled eggs is slightly broken with a knife, peeled, put on a plate, cut in half, spread on a plate so that the eggs do not roll on a plate, and eat with a fork and knife.
Soft-boiled eggs are usually served in a poacher. Using a knife, cut off the top of the egg (about 1 centimeter from the top), salt and pepper the egg, and eat with a teaspoon.
Eggs and cooking gadgets
How to cook eggs in the microwave
Put the eggs in a mug, fill the mug with water, add a teaspoon of salt, microwave for 10 minutes at 60% power (about 500 W).
How to cook eggs in a slow
cooker Soft-boiled eggs are boiled for 5 minutes, in a bag – 5 minutes, in a steep one – 12 minutes.
How to boil eggs in a double
boiler Boil hard-boiled eggs in a double boiler for 18 minutes.
How to boil eggs in an egg cooker
In an egg cooker, boil eggs until fully cooked for 7 minutes.
How to cook eggs in a pressure cooker
Boil eggs in a pressure cooker – 5 minutes.
How to Boil Eggs Without Shell Crack
the eggs with a knife, pour the contents of the shell into a plastic egg container, close the egg container and put into boiling water. Boil 5 minutes.
How to cook eggs in an air grill
To cook hard-boiled eggs, put them on the middle level, cook at 205 degrees for 10 minutes, after 5 minutes turning them to the other side.
How to boil eggs
If one egg is freed from the shell and it turns out that it is undercooked: return the eggs to the pan, pour cold water, and cook the missing amount of time after boiling (3-4 minutes after boiling). Then put in cold water, cool and peel.
What to do with eggs if not boiled?
In addition to boiling, you can fry chicken eggs and cook scrambled eggs.
Fry eggs for scrambled eggs – 5-10 minutes.
– If boiled eggs do not peel well , this is an additional sign that they are fresh. In order for boiled eggs to be cleaned well, it is necessary to salt the water during cooking, and immediately after cooking, put the pan with eggs under cold running water for 3-4 minutes. And after that, immediately clean it: knock on a hard surface so that the shell cracks, and then, prying the shell with your fingers, remove it from the whole egg. To make it easier to peel the eggs, it is recommended to boil them after 5 days of packaging.
– For even cooking, it is worth a little roll raw chicken eggs on the table or gently shake a couple of times.
– To ensure that the eggs do not burst when cooking, you can cook them over a pan in a sieve – then the eggs will be steamed, they will not knock on each other and on the pan. In addition, when steaming, there will be no sharp temperature drop. Eggs are boiled over medium heat under a lid, with a quiet bubbling of water.
– It is believed that overexposure of eggs on the stove is not worth it: the longer you boil eggs, the worse they are absorbed by the body, and boiling eggs for more than 20 minutes and then eating them is unhealthy.
– The color of the shell of chicken eggs does not affect their taste.
– Perfect potfor eggs – a small radius in order to pour as little water as possible and so that the eggs are completely covered with it. Then the water will boil faster and, therefore, the eggs will cook faster. And in a small saucepan, chicken eggs will not knock with such great force as they knock in a large radius saucepan.
– If there is no time to cool the boiled eggs with water, you can rinse the eggs under cold water, then each egg should be cleaned under a strong stream of cold water, otherwise you can burn yourself.
Calorie content of a chicken egg (per 100 grams) :
calorie content of a boiled egg – 160 kcal.
Chicken egg mass : 1 chicken egg weighs 50-55 grams. Large eggs – about 65 grams.
The price of chicken eggs is from 50 rubles / dozen (average data for Moscow as of May 2020).
The shelf life of chicken eggs is about a month, you can store it outside the refrigerator .
Boiled eggs will last no longer than 7 days when refrigerated, but we recommend eating them fresh or up to 3 days.
If the egg floats during cooking, it is spoiled, such an egg is not suitable for food.
How to cook poached eggs ? – Boil poached eggs for 1-4 minutes, depending on the desired doneness of the yolk.
If you want to determine the readiness of an egg, you can twist the egg on the table. If the egg spins easily and quickly, then it is cooked.
Eggs for salad are boiled completely, until completely boiled, hard-boiled.
Check out how to color eggs for Easter !
How to crack a raw chicken egg?
– Chicken eggs are broken with a knife, lightly hitting them on the side of the egg. Next, the eggshell is separated by hands over the dishes (frying pan, pan, bowl), pouring out the contents.
How to reheat boiled chicken eggs
Chicken eggs can be heated in 2 ways:
1) with boiling water: put boiled eggs in the shell into a mug / bowl and pour boiling water, leave for a minute, then drain the water and repeat the procedure;
2) in the microwave: peel and cut each egg in half, place in a microwave-safe dish, microwave 3 eggs for 1 minute at 600W (70-80% power).
How to boil eggs for salad?
Hard boiled eggs for salad.
How to Boil Eggs
with the Yolk Out As a rule, boil eggs with the yolk out in order to instill in children the habit of culinary experiments.
To boil an egg with the yolk outward, it is necessary to illuminate it with a flashlight (or by placing the egg on the lamp) – an egg ready for boiling with the yolk outward should be somewhat cloudier.
Put the egg in a nylon stocking – approximately in the middle.
Twist the ends of the stocking without letting the egg move.
Release the stocking at the location of the egg and stretch the ends – the egg should unwind the stocking with lightning speed.
Repeat the procedure 2-3 times.
Re-illuminate the egg with a lamp or flashlight – the egg should be cloudy.
Boil the egg for 10 minutes in water, cool and peel.
The composition and benefits of chicken eggs
Cholesterol – 213 milligrams with the recommended daily maximum cholesterol of 300 mg.
Phospholipids are a cholesterol-lowering substance.
Fat – only in the yolk of an egg, 5 grams, of which 1.5 grams are harmful.
Amino acids – 10-13 gr.
13 vitamins – among them A, B1, B2, B6, B12, E, D, biotin, folic and nicotinic acids – and many minerals (especially calcium and iron). Your eggs are boiled with the yolk out!