Celery is marinated for 1-3 days.
How to cook pickled celery
Fresh celery (stalks) – 400 grams
Onion – 2 pieces
Fresh garlic – 2 cloves Hot
pepper, pod – 1 piece
Water – 400 milliliters
Vinegar 9% – 100 milliliters
Salt – 1 tablespoon
Sugar – 2 tablespoons
Bay leaf – 1 piece per container
Spices: allspice, cloves, coriander – to taste
How to pickle celery
1. Rinse celery stalks, separate from leaves. Cut celery into medium pieces.
2. Put celery leaves on the bottom of the prepared marinating container. Spread chopped fresh garlic, seasonings, bay leaf on top of the leaves.
3. Wash, peel, and coarsely chop two heads of onions. Wash hot pepper, remove seeds, veins, cut into small longitudinal strips.
4. Arrange prepared and chopped celery stalks in marinating containers, evenly add chopped onion and hot pepper to them.
5. Boil 400 milliliters of water, pour boiling water over the containers. Steam vegetables for 2.5 minutes.
6. Pour the resulting infusion into a saucepan, put on medium heat. After boiling the infusion, add salt and sugar to the water, boil for another 1.5 minutes. After the salt and sugar are completely dissolved, pour 100 milliliters of table vinegar into the marinade and remove the pan from the heat.
7. Pour marinade into containers with vegetables prepared for pickling. The liquid should completely cover the vegetables.
8. Cover the jars, cool the celery filled with marinade to room temperature.
9. Close the cooled jars with tight lids, place in the refrigerator for 1-3 days for pickling.
10. Pickled celery is ready to eat.
How to pickle celery in oil
Fresh celery (stalks) – 520 grams
Table vinegar 9% – 200 milliliters
Water – 500 milliliters
Vegetable oil – 50-100 milliliters
Fresh garlic – 1 clove
Olives – 20-30 pieces pitted
Salt – 1 tablespoon
Bay leaf – 2 pieces
Cloves – 3 pieces
Black peppercorns – 6 pieces
How to marinate celery in oil
1. Wash fresh celery stalks and remove leaves. Cut celery into small pieces.
2. Chop fresh garlic: finely chop with a knife or garlic press.
3. Prepare the marinade: pour table vinegar, chopped garlic clove, 1 tablespoon of salt, all seasonings into the water. Mix the marinade thoroughly.
4. Pour the marinade into a cooking pot. Dip the prepared celery stalks into the marinade.
5. Place the pot of marinated celery over low heat. After boiling the contents of the pan, cook the celery for 5 minutes.
6. Remove the pot with boiled celery from the heat, leave it in the room until it cools completely.
7. After the celery has cooled to room temperature, remove it from the marinade. Arrange the celery in a marinating bowl. When marinating celery, you can put olives on the bottom of the container, this will give the finished dish a richer taste.
8. Heat vegetable oil to a temperature of 40-50 degrees. Pour warm oil into containers with celery and olives. The oil should completely cover the vegetables.
9. Close the container with celery tightly with a lid, refrigerate for 1-2 days for pickling.
10. Celery pickled in oil is ready to eat.
– Calorie pickled celery – 27 kcal / 100 grams.
– Pickled celery is edible immediately after 3 days of pickling. In addition, celery is pickled for future use. A feature of preserving pickled celery for long-term storage is the preliminary sterilization of the jars, as well as tightly screwed lids.
– Store pickled celery at 4-6 degrees, it will be good for 2 years.
– The total cost of products for the preparation of pickled celery according to our recipe will be 200 rubles. (on average in Moscow as of June 2020).
– For beauty, celery can be cut obliquely, so the workpiece will turn out to be more aesthetic.
– To slightly acidify the workpiece, you can add a little lemon juice.
– When harvesting celery, you can add spices: black and red pepper, capsicum, cilantro.
– Serve pickled celery is recommended as an appetizer, as well as a side dish for meat dishes. When serving, you can decorate the celery with sesame seeds.