Fry portioned pieces and steaks of tuna 1.5-2 centimeters thick over high heat for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Fry tuna pieces 2-2.5 centimeters thick over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side.
How to fry tuna
Tuna – 3.5 kilograms
Vegetable oil – 4 tablespoons
Ground black pepper – a pinch
Salt – a pinch
How to fry tuna
1. Rinse tuna thoroughly under running water and dry well with a towel.
2. Cut the fish: scrape off the scales, cut off the head, open the belly and remove all the insides, including the film.
3. Rinse the tuna again and dry it well, cut off the fins and tail.
4. Make a fillet – cut the fish along the ridge with a sharp knife and remove the bones. Cut each half of the tuna fillet into 4 more small pieces.
5. Mix salt and pepper and lightly rub the tuna pieces with this mixture on all sides. Cover and let the tuna marinate for 25 minutes.
6. Lubricate the pan with 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil. 7. Put the pan on a high heat, heat the oil and put the pieces of tuna with the skin down – in 1 layer, not very tightly. 8. Fry the tuna fillet skin-side down and then skin-side up for 3 minutes. 9. When a golden crust appears, turn off the fire. 10. Put the fried tuna on a dish and let them “breathe” after frying for 5 minutes before serving.
– Calorie content of tuna fried in sauce – 230-250 kcal / 100 grams.
– The cost of a tuna fillet is from 900 rubles / 1 kilogram (on average in Moscow as of June 2016).
– Whole tuna is not sold in Russia. This is due, among other things, to the fact that tuna is huge in size – its length can reach 4.5 meters, and its weight can be several hundred kilograms.
– Eating tuna is very healthy – this fish contains the highest amount of protein among fish, and it also contains all (!) amino acids necessary for a person.
– The shelf life of fried tuna is 1 day. It is not recommended to re-freeze thawed tuna.
– Tuna is considered a very expensive fish, since it lives only in the natural marine environment (it will not work to grow fish in river conditions), another reason lies in its quantity, which decreases with each fish season in seas around the world.
– Fresh tuna may have a bitter smell , in order for the smell to disappear, you just need to hold the tuna in the air for 2 minutes, the smell will disappear.