Scallops fry for 6 minutes – 3 minutes per minute on each side.
How to fry scallops
Scallops – 500 grams
Butter – cube 50 grams
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
How to fry
1. Defrost the scallops in the refrigerator or at room temperature.
2. Cut the scallops into 4-5 pieces.
3. Put the scallops in a bowl and pour boiling water over.
4. Leave the scallops in boiling water for 5 minutes.
5. Put the scallops in a colander and let the water drain.
6. Preheat the pan, melt the butter on it, put the scallops, salt and pepper.
7. Fry the scallops for 5 minutes over medium heat without a lid, stirring constantly.
Serve fried scallops with boiled rice or scrambled eggs.
– Seasonings for scallops – thyme, oregano, lemon pepper, basil, sweet pepper, cilantro, garlic.
– Before frying, sea scallops can be dipped in breadcrumbs, flour or batter.
– In stores, scallops can be bought for a price of 1500 (size 40+) to 3000 (size 10+) rubles. (as of June 2016 in Moscow). When choosing scallops, attention must be paid to the integrity of the protective glaze, usually consisting of water – if the glaze is cracked, there is a risk of poor-quality scallops.
– Frozen scallops keep in the freezer for up to 1 year. Thawed scallops should be used within 4 hours.
– Scallops should not be refrozen.
– Calorie content of scallops – 93 kcal / 100 grams.
– Scallops are defrosted in cold water without unpacking the package in which they are located. After about 30 minutes, the scallops will be thawed and ready for further processing. If you delay the defrosting process, the taste of the finished scallops will not be so bright and rich. There is a defrosting method in which the scallops are placed in a solution that is two-thirds water and one-third milk.
– Scallops require minimal heat treatment. The main indicator of readiness – the mollusk should lose transparency. Gourmets believe that you need to remove the scallop from the pan when it is still a little transparent in the widest part.
Marinade for scallops
Products per pound of scallops
Lemon – 1 piece
Cilantro – 1 bunch
Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
Garlic – 4 teeth
Red ground pepper – 1 tablespoon
Salt – to taste
How to cook
1. Peel the zest from the lemon.
2. Wash and dry cilantro.
3. Squeeze lemon juice.
4. Peel, wash and finely chop the garlic.
4. Put the lemon zest and cilantro into a bowl, chop with a blender.
5. Put the scallops in the resulting marinade, sprinkle with red ground pepper, mix.
6. Pour in lemon juice and olive oil, mix again.
7. Cover the scallops and refrigerate for half an hour.
Then fry the scallops for 2 minutes.