Fry rainbow trout fillet pieces for 6 minutes over medium heat – 3 minutes on each side.
How to fry rainbow trout
Rainbow trout – 1 piece
Lemon – half
Olive oil for frying – 3 tablespoons
Salt – 1 teaspoon without top
Flour – 1 tablespoon
How to fry
1. Defrost rainbow trout. To do this, put the fish carcass on the bottom shelf of the refrigerator and wait until it becomes soft enough, but at the same time retains its shape – in this semi-frozen state, the fish is easier to cut. If you are going to cook chilled (unfrozen) trout, go straight to step 2.
2. Move the knife from the tail to the head to remove the scales from the skin of the rainbow trout. Rinse the scales under running water, put the carcass of the fish on a cutting board.
3. Cut off the fins. To do this, use kitchen scissors.
4. Cut off the head and tail.
5. Carefully, trying not to damage the insides (especially the gallbladder, spilled bile will give the fish a bitter taste), cut open the abdomen with a knife.
6. Free the rainbow trout from the insides. Use a knife to remove the film lining the spine from the inside. Rinse thoroughly inside and out. Dry the fish carcass with a paper towel.
7. Cut the prepared rainbow trout into 1.5 cm thick steaks. When cutting into pieces, try to get a knife into the cartilage between the vertebrae.
8. Squeeze a little lemon juice and salt on each steak.
9. Pour a tablespoon of flour into a plate. Put the rainbow trout steak in a plate with flour, press down so that the flour sticks to the fish better, then turn it over to the other side and press down again. Each piece should be evenly coated with flour.
10. Put the pan on medium heat, pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil for frying.
11. When the oil warms up well, lay out the fish steaks. Fry for 3 minutes, then flip to the other side and fry for another 3 minutes.
Rainbow trout steaks are ready. Traditionally, fried fish is served as a side dish with french fries, mashed potatoes, onions, fried rings.
Trout contains omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, which makes fish useful for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases. Trout meat is a source of easily digestible proteins, it contains many vitamins, minerals and microelements. With regular use of trout, metabolism improves, the skin becomes elastic, hair is shiny, and bones are strong.
Steaks from fresh (chilled) fish are more tender and tastier than those from frozen fish, which lose part of the muscle moisture during defrosting. These losses can be reduced by defrosting slowly at around 0 degrees. If the rainbow trout has been thawed, re-freezing is absolutely excluded – the product will lose all its valuable properties and taste.
Calorie fried rainbow trout – 205 kcal.
Store fried rainbow trout in the refrigerator for up to a day.