Fry pumpkin slices on both sides for 15 minutes over medium heat without a lid.
Fry the pumpkin slices for 10 minutes over medium heat without a lid.
How to fry pumpkin in batter
Pumpkin – 400 grams
Wheat flour – 3 tablespoons
Chicken eggs – 2 pieces
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
Salt – 1 teaspoon
How to fry a pumpkin in batter
Wash the pumpkin and peel it. Cut into thin slices. Prepare the batter: beat the egg whites and mix them with flour and salt so that a homogeneous mass is obtained.
Heat up a frying pan, pour vegetable oil. Dip each slice of pumpkin in batter and place in a pan. Fry the pumpkin slices for 7 minutes on each side without a lid.
Pumpkin fried with tomatoes
Pumpkin – 150 grams
Tomatoes – 150 grams
Garlic – 2 cloves
Fresh dill – 3 sprigs
Flour – 1 tablespoon
Salt – half a teaspoon
Dry basil – 10 grams
Black pepper – a pinch
Olive oil – 2 tablespoons (for frying)
1. Peel a piece of pumpkin weighing 150 grams.
2. Cut across into slices 3 mm thick, put in a bowl, salt.
3. Wash the tomatoes, blot the water, cut the tomatoes into slices 5 millimeters thick.
4. Finely chop 2 garlic cloves.
5. Finely chop 3 sprigs of dill.
6. Pour a tablespoon of flour into a plate, add basil and black pepper. To mix everything.
Roasting Pumpkin with Tomatoes
1. Place a frying pan over medium heat and pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil into it.
2. While the oil is warming up, bread the pumpkin pieces in a mixture of flour and spices: put each piece into the mixture and turn over several times.
3. Put the breaded pumpkin pieces into the pan. Fry for 3 minutes on each side.
4. Lay the finished pumpkin flat on a plate in which the dish will be served at the table.
5. Pour half a tablespoon of olive oil into the pan, add garlic. Fry for 1 minute over medium heat.
6. Evenly sprinkle the pumpkin slices with fried garlic.
7. Pour the remaining olive oil into the pan and carefully spread the tomato slices, previously breaded in the remaining flour mixture. Fry over medium heat for 1 minute, turn over, trying to keep the shape of the pieces, fry for another 1 minute.
8. Transfer the tomato slices to the bowl with the pumpkin.
Sprinkle with dill and serve.
– A piece of pumpkin cut along the entire vegetable (the shape of a slice) is called a cut.
– As an independent dish, fried pumpkin is served with sour cream or any hot sauce.
Pumpkin, cut into strips and fried in vegetable oil, is an exquisite side dish for meat dishes. Fried pumpkin for dessert is served with jam, honey or sugar.
– Pumpkin is devoid of pronounced taste and smell, therefore it is combined with most spices. Vanilla sugar or ground cinnamon is sprinkled on pieces of roasted pumpkin when preparing desserts. Parsley, dill, basil, garlic, black pepper – add to fried pumpkin if you need to give the dish a spicy taste. Mix dry herbs and spices and roll pieces of pumpkin in them before frying.
– To reduce the frying time of the pumpkin, boil the vegetable pieces for 3 minutes, cool and fry.
– If the pumpkin is juicy, instead of fried, you can get stewed pumpkin. It is better to remove excess moisture: put the pieces of pumpkin in a bowl and sprinkle with salt. After 30 minutes, start frying – the pumpkin pieces will be dense and crispy.