Fry the potatoes in coals for 15-30 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes and the strength of the coals.
How to roast potatoes over a fire
Potatoes on a fire in foil
1. Wash potatoes well from the ground, remove moisture with paper napkins.
2. For each potato, prepare a square-shaped sheet of foil to wrap the whole potato in it.
3. Wrap each potato tightly in foil, being careful not to tear the foil.
4. With a shovel or other metal tool, stir up the coals and make indentations almost to the very ground or bottom of the barbecue.
5. Put the potatoes in foil into the recesses, lightly cover with coals on the sides and top.
6. Bake the potatoes in the coals for about 30 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
7. Salt ready-made potatoes during meals.
How to fry potatoes on a fire without foil
1. Wash the potatoes well, peel off the remnants of the earth with a brush.
2. Remove moisture from the potatoes with a towel or paper napkins.
3. Use a shovel or other metal object to stir up the coals and make indentations almost to the very ground or bottom of the barbecue.
4. Put the potatoes in the recesses, lightly cover with coals on the sides and top.
5. Bake the potatoes in the coals for about 30 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
6. Salt potatoes during meals.
How to fry potatoes on skewers and a grill
Young potatoes – 1 kilogram
Sunflower oil – 40 milliliters
Salt – half a teaspoon
How to make chopped potatoes at the stake
1. Wash the young potatoes well, clean the ground with a coarse brush, but do not cut the peel.
2. Remove excess moisture from potatoes with paper towels.
3. Cut dried potatoes into thick circles 1.5-2 centimeters thick.
4. Put the potato plates on skewers, leaving a distance of 0.5 cm between the plates, or put them on the grill.
5. Pour plenty of sunflower oil on all sides of the potatoes, sprinkle salt evenly.
6. Fry the potatoes over the fire, turning occasionally, 15 minutes on each side.
7. Check readiness by piercing the potato plates with a toothpick or fork.
How to fry potatoes with lard on skewers
Young potatoes – 1 kilogram
Fat – 300 grams
Rosemary – a few sprigs
Pepper – to taste
Salt – to taste
How to make chopped potatoes on a fire with bacon
1. Wash the young potatoes well, clean the ground with a coarse brush, but do not cut the peel. 2. Remove excess moisture from potatoes with paper towels.
3. Cut dried potatoes into circles 0.5 cm thick.
4. Cut the cold fat with a sharp wide knife into thin plates a couple of millimeters thick, about 3 centimeters wide, so that they are slightly smaller than the potato plates.
5. Thread potato and lard plates onto skewers, alternating them with each other.
6. Salt and pepper the potato skewers.
7. For each skewer with potatoes, prepare a sheet of foil so that you can wrap the whole potato in it.
8. Rinse the sprigs of rosemary, divide with your hands into as many as you get skewers with potatoes.
9. Wrap each potato skewers tightly in a sheet of foil along with a sprig of rosemary.
10. Keep the potato skewers over the coals for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
11. Carefully, so as not to burn yourself, remove the foil from the potatoes, hold the skewers over the fire for 5 minutes until the potatoes are reddened.
– The advantage of frying potatoes wrapped in foil over a fire is that this way the potatoes will not be charred and will not be stained with ashes, unlike potatoes without foil.
– Any potato is suitable for frying on a fire, but it should not be sluggish.
– Potatoes in foil can be fried on a fire along with lard . To do this, make a deep, almost through, transverse incision in the middle of each potato and put thin slices of fat there. Then wrap the potatoes tightly in foil.
– To determine the readiness of potatoes fried on a fire, you need to pull one potato out of it, unfold the foil a little and pierce it with a knife – it should be soft.
– Traditionally roasted potatoeseaten with the skin. If the potatoes were fried in foil, before serving it should be slightly expanded, but not completely removed. This will prevent you from getting dirty in the ashes.
– Potatoes before frying on a fire can be pre- marinated . To do this, it must be peeled, cut into rounds, pour marinade, marinate for 30 to 60 minutes and fry on skewers.
– So that the potatoes are fried evenly on the fire and do not remain raw in the middle, it is better to cook them in foil and with pieces of lard. Lard should be thinly sliced and each piece strung on a skewer between potatoes or put in a deep cut in the middle of a whole potato, then wrap the skewers or whole potatoes in foil.
– Marinade with lemon and garlic: mix the juice of half a lemon and 150 milliliters of vegetable oil, add 6 crushed garlic cloves, any chopped herbs, salt, pepper.
– Marinade with mayonnaise or sour cream : mix mayonnaise or sour cream with chopped dill, add a few crushed garlic cloves, salt and pepper to taste.