Portion pieces of halibut fillet fry for 10 minutes on both sides over low heat without a lid.
Fry a small halibut whole for 12 minutes on each side, then cover the pan with a lid and simmer the halibut for 3 minutes .
How to fry halibut
Halibut – 1 kilogram
Wheat flour – 50 grams
Ground black pepper – to taste
Salt – to taste
Vegetable oil – 50 milliliters
How to fry
1. Peel the halibut with a scraper from scales, cut out the fins and gills, remove the insides and black film from the abdomen.
2. Wash the halibut under cold running water, pat dry with paper towels.
3. Rub the fish inside and out with black pepper and salt.
3. Cut the halibut into portions.
4. Pour flour on a flat plate and roll each piece of fish in it on both sides.
5. Pour vegetable oil into a frying pan and heat it well over high heat.
6. Reduce the heat to a minimum and put the pieces of fish in the pan.
7. Fry halibut for 10 minutes on each side over low heat.
Serve hot fried fish pieces.
– Halibut can be fried without defrosting – so the fillet will retain its shape and will not fall apart when frying.
– When roasting halibut, you can pour in a couple of glasses of cognac, wine and / or pomegranate juice.
– Store fried halibut for 2 days in the refrigerator.
– The average cost of halibut in Moscow in June 2016 is from 500 rubles per kilogram.
– Calorie content of halibut – 111 kcal / 100 grams.
– From side dishes to fried halibut, potatoes, salads, vegetables, mushrooms are perfect, from alcoholic drinks – white wine, and from sauces – tomato or hot sour cream.
– Servefried halibut can be served with finely chopped herbs (parsley, green onions, dill, basil or a mix of them).
– Halibut flour can be replaced with breadcrumbs or bran.