Chicken nuggets do not defrost when frying. Heat a frying pan over medium heat, pour oil on it, put the nuggets and fry for 5 minutes over medium heat. Then turn the nuggets over and fry for another 5 minutes . Cover the nuggets with a lid and fry for another 5 minutes over low heat.
How to fry chicken nuggets in a skillet
Chicken fillet – 3 pieces (you get about 9 nuggets)
Flour – 2 tablespoons
Breadcrumbs – 50 grams
Vegetable oil (sunflower or corn) for frying – 100 grams
Salt, black pepper to taste
1. Break a raw egg into a small bowl .
2. Take a fork and beat lightly so that the protein mixes with the yolk.
3. Prepare two plates: pour 2 tablespoons of flour into one, pour 50 grams of breadcrumbs into the second.
4. Cut the raw chicken fillet into flat pieces about 7 millimeters thick.
5. Chicken fillet consists of layers, you can simply separate these layers with your hands – you will get pieces of different sizes, but approximately the same thickness. Can be cut with a knife.
6. Salt and pepper each piece of chicken fillet.
7. Put a piece of chicken fillet in a bowl with flour. Turn over 3 times so that the flour sticks well to it.
8. Now dip the floured chicken into the bowl with the beaten egg and then place on the plate with the breadcrumbs. Turn over several times.
9. Make sure that the breadcrumbs cover the chicken fillet in a thin, even layer. Thus, prepare each piece of chicken fillet – you will get blanks of nuggets.
10. Put the pan on medium heat and pour 100 grams of sunflower oil (odorless) into it.
11. Put the nugget blanks into moderately heated oil.
12. Fry for 5 minutes, then flip to the other side and fry again for 5 minutes.
13. Then repeat the process: fry each side of the chicken fillet again for 5 minutes.
14. With this method of frying (on low heat), the crust of the nuggets will be browned, and the chicken meat will cook evenly.
Cooking french nuggets in a multicooker
(you will need more oil – 1-2 cups)
1. Pour oil into the multicooker pan.
2. Arrange the prepared nuggets in a single layer in the frying basket.
3. Set the multicooker to the “Baking” mode, fry the nuggets with the multicooker lid closed for 15 minutes.
4. Nuggets are fried!
Fun facts about chicken nuggets
The word nugget in English means a nugget, a grain of something valuable. Indeed, the crispy crust makes the nuggets look like gold nuggets.
Minced chicken meat, formed into small cakes, can also be used for nuggets.
You can make breadcrumbs for breading yourself by drying and passing slices of white bread through a meat grinder.
The original breading is obtained from crushed crackers, chips or popcorn.
Calorie content of chicken nuggets – 285 kcal.
Serve the nuggets hot with mayonnaise, ketchup, cheese sauce or any other hot sauce to taste.
Frozen semi-finished nuggets in a multicooker fry in the “frying” mode for 5 minutes on each side, then in the “stewing” mode with the multicooker lid closed.