Fry an omelette of 2 eggs for 7-10 minutes.
Fry an omelette of 4-6 eggs for 12-15 minutes.
How to fry a classic omelette
Chicken eggs – 3 pieces
Butter (80-82.5% fat) – cube 30-35 grams (about 1/6 of a 180-200 gram pack of butter) Salt
and pepper – to taste
Filling – to taste (cheese and green onion)
How to fry a classic omelette
1. Wash chicken eggs, measure out the oil.
2. Crack the eggs into a bowl and remove the shell if necessary.
3. Prepare the filling: for example, grate the cheese on a fine grater and finely chop the greens.
4. Put the pan on medium heat, put a piece of butter and speed up its melting by rolling the butter with a fork.
5. When the oil starts to foam, prepare a spatula to stir the omelette.
6. Pour the egg mixture into the oil.
7. As soon as the egg mixture is in the pan, start dynamic stirring: the mixture should not have time to fry for a second, it should be heated with constant stirring. The photo shows an omelette after 30 seconds of frying by running a spatula across the bottom of the pan.
8. After a minute, slightly reduce the heat, continue stirring. The photo shows the consistency of the omelette after a minute of frying.
9. After one and a half minutes, reduce the intensity of mixing and, by 2 minutes of frying, level the omelette and do not mix again. The photo shows an omelet after 2 minutes of frying.
10. Fry the omelette for another 2-3 minutes, if you want to get a completely fried omelet, cover the omelette with a lid.
11. Put the finished omelette on a warmed plate – first lightly place a spatula around the circumference of the omelet, and then remove it like a pancake.
12. Put the filling on 1 side of the omelet and immediately cover one half of the omelet with the second.
13. The classic omelet is ready.
About egg preparation
– What to do if pieces of shell got into the omelet: the easiest way is to take a little egg mass with a piece of shell with a spoon, move the spoon to the edge of the bowl and, gently prying the piece of shell with your finger, pull it along the edge of the bowl. The second option: wash the cup of the shell thoroughly, and with it, as with a ladle, scoop out the particles of the shell.
– For safety, it is recommended to wash omelette eggs with soap or detergent before breaking, as small parts of the shell can get into the dough and transmit infection to the dish.
– Beat the eggs with a fork or whisk. It is not recommended to use a mixer or blender, because. with active whipping, a foam is formed, which, when frying, spoils the consistency of the omelette.
– In the classic recipe, egg whites and yolks should be beaten separately. In this case, only the protein should be salted, then gently mix it with the yolk. If the recipe uses semolina or flour, they are added when whipping the yolk, then this mixture is added to the salted protein and whipped again.
– The classic proportions of an omelette: for each egg, half an eggshell of milk and half a teaspoon of flour.
How to make a tender omelette
– In order for the omelette to turn out tender, airy and evenly cooked, it must be fried over a low heat under the lid.
– Salt the omelet should be very moderate before frying and then add salt to the already cooked dish, if necessary.
– To make the omelet tender, half of the milk can be replaced with water.
– A frying pan with a flat bottom is suitable for frying an omelette, a cast-iron pan is best.
– To taste, you can add to the omelet: grated cheese, grated ham, thinly sliced sausages, chopped pickled champignons, finely chopped onions or green onions, sour cream, flour, kefir, mashed potatoes, semolina, mustard.
– To taste, vegetable oil for frying an omelet can be replaced with butter.
– If you want variety, you can cook an omelette in pieces, if immediately after pouring the dough into the pan, start stirring it constantly – for 5-7 minutes. You will get omelette “flakes”, which are slightly different in consistency from a regular omelette.
– Cooking an omelette is a classic practical task when applying for a job as a cook.
About the omelet classic
– In the classic version of the omelet, milk is not added at all, 2 eggs rely on 1 large tablespoon of butter. Break the eggs into a bowl and mix with a fork so that the white and yolk are mixed, but do not beat them. The butter is laid out in a frying pan and melted over medium heat, and as soon as it starts to foam, the egg mass is poured. The mass is mixed intensively in the first minute of frying, in the second minute – every 15 seconds, and then fry without stirring. The finished omelette is thin – when serving, it can be folded 2-3 times, putting the filling inside. The filling can be cheese, herbs, tomatoes, bacon. It is advisable to grind and slightly heat the filling so that it lies evenly between the halves of the omelette and the omelet warms up the filling due to the internal temperature and does not cool down.
– In France, they came up with the degree of frying of an omelet cooked without milk in butter: baveuse (lightly fried), moelleuse (soft fried) and a point (well fried). Fry the baveuse omelet for 2 minutes, moelleuse for 4 minutes, a point for 6 minutes.
– Sometimes it happens that in a frying pan an omelet made of eggs and butter is fried unevenly: one half of the mass is almost ready, and the other is still liquid. This happens if the bottom of the pan is uneven or the burner distributes heat unevenly. In this case, it is necessary to level the finished part of the mass on one half of the pan, and continue to mix the liquid part in the other pan – and at the end combine both parts. The mash will not take more than half a minute or a minute, so you don’t have to worry about the uniformity of the omelette frying.
– The cost of products for making a classic 2-egg omelette is 23 rubles. (average in Moscow as of May 2016)
How to fry a simple omelette
Chicken eggs – 2 pieces
Milk – 50 milliliters
Flour – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Pepper – a pinch
How to fry an omelette
1. Break the eggs in the middle of the shell, pour the eggs into a bowl.
2. Pour milk into the eggs (half an eggshell for each egg).
3. Pour 1 teaspoon of flour.
4. Add salt.
5. Add pepper.
6. Stir the omelette with a fork until there are no lumps.
7. Whisk the omelette mixture with a fork in quick motions.
8. Heat up a frying pan, pour vegetable oil, pour in the omelet mixture. Fry the omelette for 8 minutes.
9. Put the finished omelette on a plate and serve hot.
Serve the omelette with chopped fresh vegetables.
How to fry an omelette with tomatoes and sausage
Eggs – 4 pieces
Sausage – 60 grams
Onions – half a head
Milk – 100 grams
Fresh herbs – 1 bunch
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
Salt and pepper – to taste
Oregano – a pinch
Take a deep bowl, break 4 eggs, pour them into bowl. Salt, pepper, take a fork and mix the whites with yolks thoroughly. Tilt the bowl and lightly beat the eggs with a fork, stirring them quickly with the fork. Pour in 100 grams of milk, add a pinch of oregano. Mix.
Cut half of the onion lengthwise into half rings. Peel the sausage from the film, if any, cut into cubes with a side of half a centimeter or rub on a coarse grater. Wash the greens, dry and finely chop. Take a deep frying pan, pour in 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, add the onion and fry until light golden brown. Add the sausage and fry with the onion for 3 minutes, stirring constantly to brown the sausage pieces. Reduce the heat, beat the egg and milk mixture again with a fork and pour into the pan. Sprinkle chopped herbs on top, cover and fry over low heat for 5-7 minutes, until the omelet thickens. It should become dense and opaque.
Serve the omelet by carefully placing it on a plate with a spatula. Toasted white bread and a fresh tomato salad with onions and herbs go well with an omelet with sausage.
How to fry an omelette in a waffle iron
1. Heat the waffle iron, pour oil on a saucer and grease the waffle iron with sunflower oil using a cooking brush.
2. Break 2 eggs into a bowl (keep in mind that many eggs will not fit in a waffle iron, it will be necessary to fry in 2 servings for 2 servings), add 3 tablespoons of milk and beat.
3. Pour the omelette evenly on the bottom of the waffle iron, wait 1 minute.
4. Close the waffle iron, wait another 1 minute.