Usually zucchini is fried and baked, but in rare cases (for example, when dieting), you need to understand how much to cook them. Whole zucchini is boiled for 15 – 20 minutes, after peeling and seeds. Finely chopped zucchini is enough to cook for 10 minutes .
Boil zucchini in a double boiler for 20 minutes .
In a slow cooker, cook a pound of zucchini for 10 minutes on the “Baking” mode.
How to cook zucchini
You will need – zucchini, water
1. Rinse medium-sized zucchini thoroughly under cold water and peel with a vegetable peeler if it is hard.
2. Cut the fruits into circles 1.5 centimeters wide, if necessary (if the seeds are hard), remove seeds with pulp from the core.
3. Cut the fruit lengthwise and remove the grains from the core, and then cut into cubes or sticks, depending on the further use.
4. Fill the pot with cold water to half the volume, add a little salt and boil.
5. Dip the prepared zucchini in boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
How to cook zucchini in a double boiler
1. Pour water into a special container of a double boiler and let it boil. 2. Arrange the zucchini in a single layer in the steam basket and cover with a lid.
3. cook zucchini in a double boiler for 20 minutes.
How to cook zucchini in the multicooker
1. Put the zucchini in the container of the multicooker.
2. Set the “Baking” mode and cook the fruits for 10 minutes.
How to cook zucchini for a child in a saucepan
1. Put the pieces of zucchini in a saucepan and pour in filtered or special baby water so that they are covered to the height of two fingers.
2. Boil zucchini for 10-15 minutes until completely softened. Do not drain the broth at the end of cooking.
3. Rub the boiled pieces of zucchini through a sieve or chop with a blender. If too thick puree is formed, dilute the mass with broth.
How to cook zucchini for a child in a double boiler
1. Pour water into a special container of a double boiler and let it boil. 2. Put the zucchini into the steamer container, close the lid and steam for 20 minutes.
3. Grind the zucchini with a blender or wipe through a sieve.
Cream soup with boiled zucchini (zucchini)
Zucchini (small) – 3-4 pieces
Flour – 2 tablespoons
Milk – 2 cups
Parsley and dill, salt and seasonings – to taste
Creamy zucchini soup
Clean the zucchini from the peel and seeds, cut into small cubes and boil in salted water (a small amount). Drain the zucchini and remember well.
Pour 4-5 tablespoons of butter into a heated frying pan, carefully pour in 2 tablespoons of flour and lightly fry ( 2-3 minutes ) . Then pour the fried flour into the broth left from the zucchini, add milk. Then put the zucchini puree into the pan, cook for 8 – 10 minutes over low heat. Sprinkle with herbs and serve with croutons (lightly fried slices of white bread).
– For cooking, it is better to use young greens of even shape – they are the most tender. Overgrown zucchini, on the other hand, has a firmer texture and a tougher skin that is difficult to remove.
– Zucchini can be given to a child from 6 months in the form of mashed potatoes. When boiling fruits, use a small amount of water – so the puree will not be too liquid (children do not like this).
– Zucchini is easily absorbed by the body and practically does not cause allergies. It contains a large amount of vitamin C (prevention of colds, normalization of the gastrointestinal tract) and B (improves metabolism), as well as iron, copper (involved in the process of hematopoiesis), potassium (normalization of the cardiovascular system) and others. beneficial trace elements.
– The price of zucchini in Moscow in season (June-September) – from 20 rubles / 1 kilogram, in the off season – from 150 rubles / 1 kilogram (as of June 2017).
– To easily remove the peel from the zucchini, you need to cut it in half and peel it vertically with a vegetable peeler or knife.
2 zucchini are large enough, wash, rub on a coarse grater along with the peel. Dry a little – squeeze the moisture out of them a little. Add 2 eggs and mix thoroughly. Add flour so that the dough becomes the consistency of sour cream – a little denser than pancake dough.
Peel and cut 5-6 garlic cloves into a bowl, wash and chop the dill and parsley, add mayonnaise or sour cream, mix well.
Bake zucchini pancakes on both sides for 3 minutes, put on a plate on top of each other, immediately grease with sauce with herbs, and so on until the dough runs out.
Then put the zucchini cake in the refrigerator for 20 minutes, and serve with pleasure!