Cook beans soaked for 8-12 hours for 40-45 minutes, cook beans from 1 hour without soaking.
How to cook white beans
1.5 cups white beans, water for soaking, 3 cups water for boiling
Pour 1.5 mugs of white beans into the pan, pour a couple of fingers of water with a margin, leave for 8-12 hours in the refrigerator, maximum – 20 hours. During this time, the beans will absorb some of the water and increase in size by about 2 times. Soak the beans before cooking so that they are as soft on the inside as they are on the outside. The water in which the beans were soaked is drained, and white beans are poured with fresh water – for each glass of soaked beans, 3 glasses of water.
Put the pan on the fire and keep after boiling for 40 minutes. Since there are a huge number of varieties of white beans, before the end of cooking, catch the beans with a spoon, blow on it to cool down – and try for softness. If it’s hard, cook for another 10 minutes. Beans must be monitored periodically, because beans, like any cereal, can boil soft if they are overexposed on fire.
Once the beans are cooked, drain the water, drizzle with oil and serve as a side dish. Or cool and add to salads. Semi-cooked beans can be added to soups.
Delicious and easy dish with white beans
Products for 2 servings
White beans – 1 cup
Pork or turkey ham – 200 grams
Onion – 1 head
Parsley – a small bunch
Olive oil – 3 tablespoons
Tomato paste – 1 tablespoon
Spices (turmeric, black pepper, dried garlic) – to taste, the main thing is that the beans turn out to be slightly tart
How to cook white beans deliciously
1. Chop the peeled onion and fry in oil, it is allowed to use butter instead of vegetable.
2. Grate the ham on a coarse grater or, if it is too dense, cut into cubes.
3. Pour the ham into the pan and fry for 5 minutes over high heat until crunchy, add spices and salt.
4. Add boiled beans and tomato paste mixed with an equal amount of bean broth.
5. Stew for 10 minutes, put on plates, sprinkle with chopped herbs and serve.