To cook viburnum jam, you need to spend 1 hour in the kitchen, of which 20 minutes of cooking.
In total, it takes 1 day to prepare viburnum jam.
How to cook viburnum jam
Kalina – 3 kilograms
Sugar – 3 kilograms
Water – 1 liter
Vanilla sugar – 20 Grams
Lemon – 3 medium
1. Peel viburnum from branches and leaves, sort and wash thoroughly.
2. Dry the viburnum by shaking it in a colander or pouring it out on paper for 10 minutes.
3. Peel the lemon and chop finely, removing the seeds.
Viburnum jam in a saucepan
1. Pour water into a large saucepan, put on fire and heat.
2. When the water warms up, pour sugar into the water and dissolve it.
3. After boiling, boil the syrup for 5 minutes.
4. Pour the viburnum into the syrup and cook the jam after boiling again for 5 minutes.
5. Completely cool the viburnum jam for 5-6 hours.
6. Return the pot of jam to the fire, add the lemon and cook the jam after boiling for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Viburnum jam in a slow cooker
1. Cook jam in a slow cooker with the lid open.
2. Boil water with sugar in the “Extinguishing” mode, stirring.
3. Put the berries in the water, cook for 5 minutes.
4. Cool the jam, then boil again and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add a lemon and cook the jam for another 5 minutes in the “Extinguishing” mode.
Spreading the jam
Spread the hot viburnum in jars, pour over the syrup and screw on the lids. Turn the jars over, cover with a blanket until completely cooled. After cooling, the jars of jam are removed for storage.
– To clean the viburnum before cooking the jam from the stones, although not necessary, it is still recommended. In order to easily clean the viburnum from stones, it is necessary to rub the berry through a fine sieve or a colander with gauze.
– Instead of lemon, when cooking viburnum jam, you can add lime or orange in the following proportions: add 2 limes or 1 orange per 1 kilogram of viburnum.
– For additional washing of viburnum for jam, it is necessary to dilute 1.5 tablespoons of salt in 1 liter of hot water and hold viburnum in this solution for 3-4 minutes.
– Caloric content of viburnum jam – 360 kcal.
– The cost of viburnum jam in stores is 300 rubles / 300 grams (on average in Moscow as of July 2018). You can buy viburnum in the markets from November and then frozen. In stores, viburnum is practically not sold.
– From the amount of products given in the recipe, 3 liters of viburnum jam will be obtained.
– Viburnum jam with proper storage will be edible for 3-5 years.
– When replacing fresh berries with frozen ones, use 1.2 kilograms of frozen berries instead of 1 kilogram of fresh berries.
– Viburnum season – from mid-August to the end of September. Kalina is usually collected in the forests when they go looking for mushrooms, or they are grown in summer cottages.
– Viburnum jam helps with heartburn very well: it is enough to dilute 3 teaspoons of jam, cooked according to our recipe, in 1 liter of boiled water. Drink 1 liter per day.
– Viburnum jam is very useful for the content and preservation of vitamin C during cooking in viburnum, which increases immunity. Tea with viburnum jam helps with colds from high fever and coughs. You can grind viburnum jam with honey – then you get an excellent expectorant.