Boil turnips for 20 minutes in salted water. In a slow cooker, cook turnips for 30 minutes in the “Steaming” mode.
How to cook turnips
Needed – turnip, water
Preparation of turnips for cooking
1. Rinse turnips thoroughly under cold water.
2. Peel root crops from ponytails and peel and rinse again.
How to cook turnips in a saucepan
1. Fill the saucepan with water up to half the volume and boil.
2. Dip the turnip into boiling water and cook whole over moderate heat for 25 minutes. If you cut the turnip into cubes or circles before cooking, then cooking will take 15 minutes.
Check the readiness of the fruit with a fork – it should freely enter the turnip.
How to cook turnips in a double boiler
1. Pour water into a special container of a double boiler and let it boil.
2. Place whole root crops in the lower steam basket.
3. Cook turnips covered until softened for 20 minutes.
4. Peel the boiled root crop, cut into pieces, add spices if necessary and serve hot.
Turnip – 3 pieces
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Water – 5 tablespoons.
Steamed turnip recipe Wash
, peel, cut into slices half a centimeter thick, rub each of them with salt. Put the turnips in a saucepan (ideally a clay pot) with 5 tablespoons of water, steam in the oven for 1 hour with a tightly closed lid. Serve steamed turnips with butter, honey, sour cream, mustard, garlic or on bread. Serve with pleasure!
How to cook turnip soup
What you need for lamb soup
Lamb (loin) – 500 grams
Turnip – 500 grams
Carrots and potatoes – 2-3 pieces
Tomato – 3 pieces
Onion – 3-4 pieces
Red pepper – 1 piece
Bulgarian pepper – 1 piece
Bay leaf – to taste
Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
Zarchava – on the tip of a knife
How to cook turnip soup
1. Put lamb in a saucepan, add water, put to boil.
2. Peel and cut the turnip into cubes.
3. Peel the carrots and cut into circles.
4. Put the turnips and carrots to the lamb.
5. Peel and cut the onion.
6. Peel and cut sweet peppers.
7. Cut the tomatoes into cubes.
8. Put onions, sweet peppers and tomatoes in a saucepan.
9. Salt the soup and add spices.
10. Boil the soup for 1 hour over low heat, covered with a lid.
11. Peel and cut potatoes, add to soup.
12. Zarchava add to taste.
13. Cook the soup for 15 minutes under the lid.
14. Remove lamb, chop and return to soup.
How to cook a delicious turnip for a child
Turnip – 1 kilogram
Prunes – 200 grams
Milk 2.5% – 1.5 cups
Sugar – 30 grams
Butter – 30 grams
Flour – 30 grams
How to cook turnips with prunes for children
1. Rinse a kilogram of turnips, remove the tails and peel and cut into small pieces.
2. Fold the root crops in a saucepan, pour boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes. Turnips processed in this way will not be bitter.
3. Put the pot of turnips on moderate heat, boil until softened and drain in a colander.
4. Wash 200 grams of prunes and remove the seeds.
5. Fry in a thick-walled saucepan 30 grams of flour with 30 grams of butter.
6. Pour 1.5 cups of milk into the flour, stir quickly with a wooden shovel and let it boil.
7. Gently put boiled turnips, prunes into milk, add 30 grams of granulated sugar, let it boil again and cook for another 5 minutes.
Serve hot with prunes.