Put the turkey wings in boiling salted water, cook for 40 minutes . To cook the broth, boil the turkey wings for 1 hour . The shoulder and elbow part of the turkey is cooked for 40 minutes.
How to cook turkey wings
- Pour water into a saucepan, put on fire.
- While the water is boiling, wash and, if necessary, remove the remaining feathers from the wings of the turkey. The photo shows that the feathers are quite long, they can be easily pulled out with your fingers.
- Put the turkey wing into the water, add spices and salt to taste. Here the principle is simple: if the turkey is boiled in broth, it is better to put it in cold water. And if for a salad or in compound dishes, then for the least release of tastes into water – into hot water. Pictured is a turkey wing for broth with onion, carrots and bay leaf.
- Cook the wings for 40 minutes over moderate heat, covering with a lid. If the wing is large (wings weighing 300-400 grams are sold in stores, large ones from 600-800 grams, these can be found in markets and farm shops), then cook more for 10-20 minutes, especially for broth.
- At the end of cooking, store the wings in a saucepan with broth.
The pressure cooker method
In all cases, the pressure cooker will cook an excellent broth from the wing in just 20 minutes.
It’s great to cook turkey wings for broth – fat and bone compounds will give richness, and tender meat even from 1 wing weighing 400-500 grams is enough for a 3-4 liter soup pot: for each wing weighing about 400 grams of skin and bones, only 100-120 grams . To make the soup more appetizing, use spices and spices, and to smooth out the calorie content of the bird’s wing, cook vegetable soups based on such a broth.
In addition to broth, wings are used in turkey jelly . For main courses, hot turkey wings are served by frying the wings in the oven.
Easy turkey wing soup
for 2 liters of soup
Turkey wing – 1 piece
Potato – 4 pieces
Vermicelli – 2 tablespoons
Onions and carrots – 1 piece each
Salt – 2 teaspoons
Black peppercorns – 10 pieces
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Dill, parsley, green onions – to taste
Sour cream – for serving
How to cook soup with a turkey wing
1. Wash the wing, inspect for the remains of feathers, remove them if necessary.
2. Pour 1.5 liters of water into the pan, lay out the wing, put on a strong fire.
3. When the water boils, add salt and pepper, remove the foam and reduce the heat, cook from the beginning of boiling for 1 hour, then remove the meat and all edible parts from the bone, return to the broth.
4. By the end of cooking the broth, peel and cut large potatoes, put in the broth and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Peel and chop the onions and carrots, fry over medium heat for 7 minutes, then add to the soup.
6. Put the vermicelli into the soup, cook for 3 minutes, then leave for 10 minutes.
7. Serve soup with herbs (whole bite or chopped directly into a plate) and sour cream.