It will take 5-6 hours to prepare scar soup, of which 1 hour needs to be spent in the kitchen.
How to cook flaki (rune soup)
Per pan 5 liters
Unpeeled beef tripe – 400-500 grams
Beef bones – 300 grams
Cheese – 100 grams
Carrots – 2 medium pieces
Celery – 200 grams of stalks
Onions – 2 medium heads
Dried ground ginger – a pinch
Dried marjoram – a pinch
Nutmeg – pinch
Butter – 20 grams
Flour – 30 grams
Salt – half a teaspoon
Pepper – to taste
How to cook flasks
1. Wash beef bones.
2. Put the bones in a saucepan, pour in plenty of water – about 4 liters.
3. Place the pot with the bones on medium heat, bring to a boil, cook for 30 minutes.
4. Wash the beef tripe.
5. With a sharp knife, cut the fleecy part of the beef scar, separate the fleecy part from the muscle with your hands.
6. Re-wash the muscle part of the scar.
7. Pour 1-1.5 liters of water into a separate pan, let it boil over medium heat.
8. Put the scar in boiling water, boil for 5 minutes, remove from the water.
9. Remove the beef bones with a slotted spoon from the broth.
10. From the pot with the broth, where the beef bones were boiled, pour half of the broth into a bowl.
11. Put the tripe in a saucepan with the remaining broth, reduce the heat to a quiet one, cook for 3.5 hours under the lid.
12. Onions, celery, carrots wash, peel, divide into two parts.
13. Leave one part of the vegetables whole, cut the second: cut the onion into small cubes, celery into half rings 0.5 cm thick, carrots into strips 3 cm long, 0.5 wide.
14. Put whole vegetables in the broth with a tripe, cook for 30 minutes.
15. Put half of the prepared butter in a frying pan, melt over medium heat.
16. Fry chopped onions, celery, carrots in butter.
17. Remove the beef tripe from the broth, let it cool slightly.
18. Cut the cooled scar into strips of arbitrary length and width so that it is convenient to eat.
19. In a separate pan, put the remaining butter, heat over medium heat.
20. Fry flour in butter for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
21. Pour the previously poured beef broth into the pan with flour.
22. Put the fried vegetables, chopped tripe, salt, nutmeg, pepper into the broth, stir, let it boil, cook for 3 minutes.
23. Finely grate the cheese.
24. Pour into bowls, top with ground ginger, marjoram, grated cheese.
– Flaki is a Polish soup made from tripes, that is, stomachs. As a rule, beef, pork or veal tripes are used in the soup. Veal stomachs are suitable for a dietary version of the soup.
– Tripe soup is a very popular dish, since stomachs are usually quite inexpensive.
– Soup from scars is complimentary described in Bulgakov’s novel “The Master and Margarita” as a soup, the order of which is almost impossible to refuse.
– In tripe soup, it is important that the finished dish does not give off a specific smell. To get rid of it, it is recommended to soak the scars in cold water for 12-20 hours and then rinse. If this does not help, it is recommended to boil water with the stomachs and then change the water, or soak the stomachs n.
– In Moscow and large cities of Russia, it is almost impossible to find beef stomachs. In order to cook soup, you will need to search the Internet for special shops or search in meat markets.