Soup Tom Kha Kung cook half an hour.
How to cook Tom Kha Kung
Coconut milk – 1 liter
Shrimps (large) – half a kilo
Tomatoes – 2 pieces
Ginger – 1 small root
Shiitake mushrooms – 10 pieces grams
Lemongrass – 3-4 dried petioles
Chili pepper – 2 pieces
Butter – 100 grams
How to cook Tom Kha Kung soup
1. Boil the shrimp and put in a colander to cool.
2. Pour boiling water over the tomatoes, peel, remove the stalk and chop finely.
3. Wash, peel, dry and thinly slice the shiitake.
4. Peel and grate the ginger.
5. Wash and chop the pepper into rings, while being careful not to burn your hands with pepper.
6. Put a thick-walled pan on a quiet fire, put out and melt the butter.
7. Put pepper, ginger and lemongrass in the pan, fry for a couple of minutes; then remove the lemongrass.
8. Put shiitake mushrooms in a pan, after 2 minutes – chopped tomatoes; fry 3 minutes.
9. Pour coconut milk into the pan, wait for it to boil.
10. While the soup is boiling, peel the shrimp.
11. As soon as Tom Kha Kung gave the first signs of boiling, lay out the shrimp.
12. Heat the soup to a boil and turn off.
Tom Kha Kung is a Thai spicy soup. Mandatory products of Tom Kha Kung are large shrimp, mushrooms (shiitake or champignons), tomatoes, galangal or ginger, lemongrass.
– Tom Kha Kung, in comparison with Russian soups, is very light (almost dietary) and not so rich soup. To make the taste of Tom Kha Kung brighter and the consistency of the soup more satisfying, add the following products: chicken broth, soy sauce, sugar, lemon or lime juice, lime zest, fish sauce, zucchini, onions and carrots.
– When cooking Tom Kha Kung, care must be taken that the coconut milk-based broth does not boil, otherwise the milk may curdle and the soup will lose its delicate texture.
– Before serving Tom Kha Kung soup, care must be taken to remove the lemongrass – it is used only for flavor, it is not suitable for food. Lemongrass is quite problematic to find in regular supermarkets. It should be sought either in Thai stores or in markets in spice shops.
– Coconut milk is sold in almost any store with a department of Thai products. But concentrated Tom Kha soups are unlikely to give the soup an original taste.
— Serve Tom Kha Kung with rice, soy sauce, chopped fresh cilantro in the soup.