Italian stracciatella soup cook for 1 hour.
How to cook stracciatella
Chicken broth – 1.7 liters
Eggs – 3 pieces
Semolina – 1/3 cup
Parmesan cheese – 200 grams
Parsley – a bunch
Nutmeg – 10 grams
Lemon – 1/2 pieces
Black pepper – to taste
Salt – to taste
How to cook stracciatella soup
1. Boil chicken broth from 2 liters of water and 300 grams of chicken parts (breast, thigh or leg).
2. Pour a third of the broth into a cup and cool, place the rest in a saucepan on the burner and let it boil.
3. Grate the parmesan into thin chips.
4. Finely chop the parsley.
5. Grate the zest of half a lemon.
6. Put eggs, semolina, cheese, parsley, nutmeg into the cold broth and shake with a whisk.
7. Slowly pour the egg mass into the hot broth, stirring all the time with a whisk, sprinkle with salt, pepper and keep for 3-5 minutes on low heat.
8. In bowls, sprinkle the soup with grated cheese, parsley and lemon zest.
See more soups , how to cook them and cooking time!
– In Italy, there is a legend that the general Julius Caesar loved stracciatella soup, and the recipe was borrowed from one of the peoples captured by the Roman army.
– The name of the soup comes from the Italian word “stracciato”, which translates as “torn”, “rags”. A raw egg poured into hot broth becomes tattered.
Soup is prepared with beef or chicken broth. Italians use brown broth, which is made by pan-frying chicken bones with onions, carrots, and tomato paste.
– The egg mixture must be poured into the hot broth gradually in a thin stream, constantly stirring. So “rags” will immediately appear, and the broth will remain transparent.
You can use any hard cheese instead of parmesan.
— The soup is served with grated cheese, chopped parsley, with cheese toasts.
– Lemon juice can be added to the finished stracciatella.