Boil sparassis for 20 minutes.
Attention! Only young sparassis is edible. Sparassis, which has acquired a brownish color, is not suitable for food due to rigidity.
How to cook Sparassis
Sparassis fresh – 2 pieces
Salt – to taste
Boil Sparassis 1. Place sparassis in cold water for 15 minutes to make it easier to peel.
2. Then carefully clean the mushrooms from forest debris and rinse with cold water.
3. Cut the mushrooms (or tear with your hands) into small pieces.
4. Put chopped sparassis into a saucepan, pour cold water so that it completely covers the mushrooms, salt.
5. Put the pan on a high heat, after boiling, remove the foam, reduce the heat, cook for 20 minutes. 6. Throw the mushrooms in a colander.
How to cook sparassi in
a slow cooker 1. Put chopped sparassi in a steamer (special steamer basket).
2. Pour hot water into the multicooker pan, place it in the multicooker, put the steamer on top, close the lid.
3. Select the “Steam cooking” mode, set the timer for 30 minutes.
4. Put chopped mushrooms into the multicooker container, salt, close the lid.
5. You do not need to add water – the mushrooms will boil in their own juice.
6. Set the “Extinguishing” mode, cooking time 20 minutes.
7. Select the “Baking” mode, set the timer for 10 minutes so that excess moisture evaporates from the mushrooms.
How to cook sparassis in a double boiler
1. Place the sparassis in a rice bowl, season with salt.
2. Pour water into the steamer tray. Put the bowl in the steamer, close the lid.
3. Set the timer to 30 minutes.
– For its appearance, sparassis has 2 more names – mushroom cabbage and ram mushroom, and sometimes “curly” is added to the word “sparassis”. For its appearance, it is often mistakenly classified as an inedible mushroom.
– Calorie content of sparassis – 30 kcal / 100 grams.
– The use of sparassis is mainly added to soups. When picking or choosing Sparassis, it is important to keep in mind that only young mushrooms are suitable for food. Ripe and old mushrooms will be, although harmless, tough and tasteless. To determine the age of the fungus, break it slightly – young sparassis is very fragile. You can also distinguish young sparassis by color – it is very light or even white.
– The sparassis season is from late July to October. Sparassis grows at the roots of trees.
– Useful properties are due to the fact that sparassis contains polysaccharides and bioactive components (antitumor activity and antimicrobial action), sparassol substance (a natural antibiotic). The mushroom is dietary, helps in the fight against excess weight.
— Tips for cooking sparassis
1. The mushroom does not need to be digested, otherwise it will fall apart and taste properties will suffer.
2. It is undesirable to add spices during cooking, as sparassi will lose its special nutty taste and aroma.
3. It is not necessary to boil sparassis before frying.
4. Sparassis can be boiled in milk (just like in water), this will emphasize its special taste.