Cook rhubarb jam from half an hour to an hour . In total, it will take 25 hours to make rhubarb jam. It will take 30 minutes
to make rhubarb jam in a slow cooker . It takes 30 minutes to make rhubarb jam in a bread machine .
How to make rhubarb jam
Rhubarb jam products
Rhubarb – 1 kilogram
Sugar – 1 kilogram
Preparation of products
1. Gently remove the thin upper skin from the petioles.
2. Peel the rhubarb from hard veins, rinse thoroughly, dry with paper towels.
3. Cut into cubes with a side of 1 centimeter.
4. Pour the rhubarb into a saucepan, cover the rhubarb with half the sugar and leave for half an hour to form a syrup. If syrup does not form, add a little (1/4 cup) water.
How to cook rhubarb jam in a saucepan
1. Place the saucepan with rhubarb over low heat and cook, stirring, for 15 minutes after boiling, then add the remaining sugar and cook for another 15 minutes.
2. When cooking, it is necessary to carefully mix the jam and remove the foam with a slotted spoon.
3. Cool the rhubarb jam, arrange in sterilized jars, roll up, cool in the “upside down” position, wrapped in a blanket.
Preparing jam in a multicooker
1. Place the prepared rhubarb cuttings in a multicooker bowl. Top with sugar and mix gently.
2. Turn on the multicooker in the Extinguishing mode for 30 minutes.
Preparing jam in a bread machine
1. Place the prepared cuttings in a bucket of a bread machine. Top with sugar.
2. Close the lid and turn on the bread maker by setting the Jam mode for 30 minutes.
Harvesting rhubarb jam for the winter
Arrange the finished jam while still hot in sterile jars, twist, cool and put away for storage.
— Rhubarb is an edible plant that appears in early spring one of the first. The jam season is only 1 month, depending on the onset of hot weather: from the end of May to the middle of June.
– Only tender young shoots are suitable for rhubarb jam, they can be distinguished by the thin soft structure of the petioles. At the end of the season, it is difficult to find rhubarb without hard veins, so it must be processed: remove the veins along the entire length, remove the hard bases of the rhubarb. Rhubarb leaves are not suitable for making jam.
– The taste of rhubarb jam is delicately sweet, reminiscent of young apple fruits; yet not overly acidic.
– Oranges, lemons, apples, bananas, strawberries go well with rhubarb in jam.
How to make rhubarb and strawberry jam
Products for cooking jam
Strawberry – half a kilo
Rhubarb – half a kilo
Mint – a few sprigs
Sugar – 1 kilogram
How to make rhubarb jam with strawberries
Wash and dry the rhubarb, remove hard veins, cut into 1 cm thick slices. Put the cuttings in a bowl, sprinkling with half the sugar. Cover the rhubarb and remove for 1 day.
Sort the strawberries, remove the leaves, rinse, dry. Like rhubarb, put in a bowl and leave for 12 hours.
Put the rhubarb in a saucepan, put on a quiet fire and cook until the rhubarb is transparent (about half an hour). Add strawberries, stir and cook for another 30 minutes, stirring and removing the foam.
Pour the finished jam into sterilized jars, roll up, cool and put away for storage.