Red currant jam in a saucepan cook for 40 minutes . In a slow cooker, cook jam for 50 minutes , in a bread machine for an hour and a half .
How to cook redcurrant jam for the winter
Products for cooking jam
Redcurrant – 1 kilogram (1 liter jar and another 1/4 liter jar)
Sugar – 500-750 grams
How to cook red currant
jam 1. Select ripe, dense berries for jam.
2. Peel the red currants from twigs and leaves, rinse (if you use homemade berries and are sure that the currants were not sprayed with chemicals, then you do not need to wash).
3. Put the red currant in a saucepan, pour in 50 milliliters of water and put on fire.
4. Bring the berry to a boil with constant stirring over low heat.
5. Using a potato masher, crush the berries (carefully, the berries will splash).
6. Boil the mixture for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
7. Place the sieve on the pan, put some of the berries into the sieve with a tablespoon or slotted spoon, press with a spoon or slotted spoon.
8. Wipe the entire mixture so that the cake and bones do not get into the jam.
9. Squeeze the cake over the sieve with your hands, after putting on plastic gloves.
10. Strain the berries again.
11. Pour the strained jam base into a saucepan, put on fire.
12. Pour in sugar, cook jam from 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring constantly and dripping jam on a saucer to check readiness.
Pour hot jam into sterilized jars, cool in a blanket and put away for storage.
Red currant jam in a
multicooker 1. Sort currants , wash, peel, boil for 1 minute, wipe and put in a multicooker pan.
2. Pour currants with sugar and mix.
3. Set the multicooker to the “Baking” mode, bring the jam to a boil, then reconfigure the multicooker to the “Stew” mode and cook the jam for another 40 minutes.
4. Stir the jam every 15 minutes.
Red currant jam in a bread machine
1. Put the grated red currant into a bread machine, add sugar and mix.
2. Cook jam in a bread maker on the “Jam” mode for 1-1.5 hours.
– It will be much easier to wipe the currant through a sieve if the berry is pre-blanched: fall asleep in a colander and lower it into a pot of boiling water for 2 minutes.
– You can prepare the berry for cooking in the oven: wash the red currants, put them together with the twigs in a fireproof dish and put in an oven heated to 200 degrees for 15 minutes. Then rub the berry through a sieve.
– If you remove the peel and seeds at the end of cooking jam, then pectins and other useful substances contained in the peel will pass into the product. To do this, rub the finished jam, cooked from mashed berries, through a metal sieve with a spoon or pusher. Cook compote from pomace, and sugar can be omitted.
– It is best to cook redcurrant jam in an enamel pot or basin. Jam usually sets as soon as it cools. But sometimes it remains liquid for up to a month.
– Red currants are rich in vitamins, most of which are destroyed when cooked in the presence of oxygen. To preserve antioxidant vitamins C, E, A, cook redcurrant jelly without boiling. However, if there are problems with the gastrointestinal tract, it is better to use past culinary processing of jam, which contains many trace elements, including selenium, which helps the body resist disease. Pectin, which binds and removes toxins, toxins, and cholesterol, is not destroyed during cooking.
– Caloric content of red currant jam 250 kcal / 100 grams.
– To correctly measure the amount of red currant, you can use a liter jar. In 1 liter jar 750-800 grams of berries.
– If the bones of the red currant are too small and pass through a sieve, you can use gauze, folding it several times. To make it easier to wipe the berries, they are first boiled for 10 minutes, then cooled slightly, passed through a sieve and then through gauze.
– Making currant jam without boiling will be more difficult, because. it is not easy to scroll the berries and then grind them with sugar to a homogeneous consistency. In addition, jam prepared in this way will be with bones, more sugar will be required for its preparation, which means that the taste will be less berry and more sugary. In addition, there is a high probability that the grated berry will be candied during storage.