Infuse raspberry jam for five minutes with sugar for 3 hours, then cook for 10 minutes .
Using the long method, sprinkle raspberries with sugar, put on fire, cook for 5 minutes and leave for 30 minutes. Boiling and cooling should be carried out 3 times. This method will take 7-8 hours.
How to cook raspberry jam for the winter
What you need for raspberry jam
For 1 kilogram of raspberries you need 0.7-1 kilogram of sugar.
How to cook raspberry jam
1. Gently sort the raspberries, removing spoiled berries, and put them in a jam pan. If the marina is large and dense, you can wash it, but usually it is limited to sorting, as the berry instantly crumples and flows.
2. Sprinkle raspberries with sugar: put a layer of berries in a saucepan, sprinkle generously with sugar – and so on until the raspberries are gone. Get a bigger pot.
3. Leave for 3 hours at room temperature (20-22 degrees), gently stirring the raspberries every half an hour.
4. Put the pan with the berries on a quiet fire, bring to a boil, then cook for 20 minutes over medium heat, stirring gently.
5. Without cooling, spread the raspberry jam in hot sterilized jars, close tightly, and turn over until cool. From 4 kilograms of raspberries and 2.5 kilograms of sugar, 5 liters of finished jam were obtained. Store in refrigerator or cool dark place.
How to cook raspberry jam in a slow cooker
1. Sort and wash raspberries.
2. Put the raspberries in a multicooker bowl, add sugar, mix gently.
3. Set the multicooker to the “Extinguishing” mode, cook the jam with the multicooker lid closed for 10 minutes.
4. Arrange the finished jam in sterilized jars, roll up, cool and put away for storage.
How to cook raspberry jam in a bread machine
1. Place 1 kilogram of berries in a bread machine bowl.
2. Pour 1 kilogram of sugar, evenly distribute the sugar, for which shake the bowl several times.
3. Place the bowl with raspberries in the bread machine, set the “Jam” or “Jam” mode.
Transfer the finished jam to dry, clean jars and roll up.
How to cook raspberry-orange jam
Products for raspberry and orange jam
Fresh or frozen raspberries – 1.5 kilograms
Oranges – 1 kilogram
Sugar – 1.5 kilograms
How to cook raspberry-orange jam
1. Sort the raspberries, remove possible debris. Peel the oranges, disassemble into slices and remove the skin from each orange slice.
2. Put raspberries and oranges, sprinkling with sugar, into a non-enameled pan.
3. Put the raspberries with oranges on a quiet fire and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly and removing the foam.
4. Then remove the raspberry-orange jam from the heat, leave for 30 minutes.
5. Put the pot of jam back on the fire and bring to a boil again, then cool for 30 minutes.
6. Bring the jam to a boil for the last time and pour into sterilized jars.
Raspberry is a very tender berry, so when there is confidence in the environmental friendliness of the berry, it should not be washed. If it is still necessary to wash, then it is better to do this by immersing a colander with a berry in a wide container with cold water. To make the water completely glass (otherwise the jam will turn out to be liquid), leave the berry in a colander for 20 minutes, periodically shaking it a little.
– To make jam without raspberry hard seeds, just rub the berry through a fine sieve – either before cooking or after. In fact, it will turn out already jam .
– Salt solution will help get rid of white worms and insects found on raspberries. Pour the berry into a basin and pour saline for 10 minutes (take a teaspoon of salt per 1 liter of water). Drain the dirty water and gently rinse the raspberries.
– Since raspberries retain their disinfecting properties even after cooking, it is not necessary to sterilize jars, although it is desirable.
– The most useful raspberry jam is watery, it has a minimum of sugar and heat treatment, but a maximum of benefit. If you boil water and make the jam thicker, it loses its benefits with prolonged cooking.
– Since raspberries are a juicy berry, it is most likely that it will not work to quickly cook jam of the desired consistency without adding pectin. To cook jam with pectin, you need to add 1 sachet of 20 grams of gelling agent (Confiture, Zhelfix) to 1 kilogram of berries immediately after adding sugar – and mix the jam thoroughly. When using pectin, the sugar rate can be reduced to 0.5 kilograms without loss of density. Even for the density of jam, you can increase the rate of sugar – for every kilogram of raspberries, take 1.2-1.4 kilograms of sugar. Just keep in mind that this will affect the taste of jam: it can become cloying. And vice versa: if the raspberry jam is too thick, add more berries.
– Raspberry jam contains natural salicylic acid, which has anti-inflammatory and antipyretic properties. Raspberry jam will help not only with colds, but also with stress, because. contains copper, which is part of most antidepressants.
– The taste of raspberry jam, depending on the variety of raspberries, can be too tart, even slightly bitter. To control the taste, it’s best to taste the raspberries before making the jam, and if tart notes are observed, strawberries or oranges can be added.
– For the preparation of raspberry jam, enameled or stainless steel dishes are suitable.
– To maximize the preservation of vitamins A, E, PP (which give the skin a fresh color and elasticity), it is better to cook a five-minute jam or grind raspberries with sugar. You need to store grated raspberries in the refrigerator.
– Calorie content of raspberry jam – 270 kcal.
– If the raspberry jam is fermented or candied, you can check it again by adding a glass of sugar for every liter of jam. Cook for 5 minutes after boiling and be sure to remove the foam.