Poppy seeds pour boiling water in a ratio of 1:2, cook over low heat for 3 – 5 minutes. To prepare poppy seeds for sweet dishes, poppy seeds are boiled in sugar syrup .
How to cook poppy seeds for savory dishes
1. Put the poppy on cheesecloth.
2. Tie gauze with a bag.
3. Put a bag of poppy seeds in a saucepan and pour cold water or milk.
4. Put the pan on a high heat, after boiling, reduce the fire.
5. Cook poppy seeds at a low boil under the lid for 1 hour. It is important that the milk or water does not evaporate.
6. Boiled poppy after cooking should swell, additionally it can be passed through a meat grinder or blender, and mixed with other components of the filling.
How to boil poppy seeds for sweet glaze
1. Pour boiling water over poppy seeds and leave for 30 minutes.
2. Drain the water through a fine sieve, squeeze the poppy seeds and grind it through a sieve with honey or sugar (in the same amount as poppy seeds).
How to cook poppy seeds for milk glaze
1. Pour boiling water over the poppy seeds, leave for a couple of minutes, then drain the boiling water, and put the poppy seeds in a saucepan.
2. Pour milk (1 teaspoon of poppy seeds – 2 tablespoons of milk), honey (1 teaspoon, can be replaced with sugar) and a cube of butter (a cube with a side of 1 centimeter).
3. Put the pan on a quiet fire and cook the poppy seeds until the milk evaporates – the mass should turn out thick.
How to cook poppy seeds for egg glaze
1. Pour water into a saucepan and put on fire.
2. After boiling, put the poppy into the water, boil for 1 minute.
3. Strain the poppy seeds into a sieve, squeeze out excess water a little.
4. Pound the poppy seeds in a coffee grinder or with a mortar through a sieve.
5. Pour sugar into the poppy seeds (for 5 tablespoons of poppy seeds – 5 tablespoons of sugar) and a raw chicken egg (1 piece) and mix.