Pear jam with lemon cook for 1 day.
How to make pear jam with lemon
Pears – 1.5 kilograms
Water – 250 milliliters (1 cup)
Sugar – 800 grams
Lemon – 1 piece
Food Preparation 1. Thoroughly wash and dry 1.5 kilograms of ripe pears and lemon.
2. Peel the pears, cut in half, remove the seed box and inflorescence.
3. Cut the pears into slices about 4 mm wide.
4. Pour 250 milliliters of water into a small saucepan and put on medium heat.
5. Pour 400 grams of sugar into the pan; stir the sugar until a homogeneous mass is obtained.
6. After obtaining a thick syrup, add the remaining 400 grams of sugar to the pan and stir.
7. Reduce the heat to the minimum and cook the syrup for another 5 minutes.
8. Wash 1 lemon thoroughly.
9. Cut the washed lemon with the peel into cubes with a side of 1 centimeter each.
How to cook pear jam with lemon
1. Put sliced pear slices into a saucepan.
2. Pour the prepared sugar syrup over the pears and put on a quiet fire.
3. Wait for the jam to boil and reduce the heat to a quiet one: the jam should be cooked with a slight boil.
4. Boil the jam for 15 minutes, stirring thoroughly with a wooden bowl.
5. After 15 minutes, turn off the fire and let it brew for 2-3 hours.
6. Then boil the jam over low heat for another 15 minutes.
7. Turn off the fire and let the jam brew for 2-3 hours.
8. Add chopped lemon cubes to the jam.
9. Cook pear jam with lemon for 25 minutes.
10. Pour the finished jam into prepared jars.
– Pear jam with lemon can be served as a dessert and toppings for pies.
– Boiled pear slices in such a jam resemble sweet candied fruits. The addition of lemon gives the dessert a slight sourness.
– Pear jam can be a filling for muffins, as well as pancakes.
– For jam, it is recommended to choose ripe, whole pear fruits without rot, wormholes and damage, as spoiled fruits can impair the taste of jam.
– When cooking jam, you need to pay attention to the hardness of pears: if the fruits are hard, then the jam should cook longer, if soft – less.
– In the finished jam, the pear plates become transparent and do not fall apart.