Clean fresh oyster mushrooms from dirt, rinse, boil for 15-20 minutes in salted water.
If you want to fry or stew oyster mushrooms, you can not boil oyster mushrooms before that.
How to cook oyster mushrooms
You will need – oyster mushrooms, salt, water for cooking
1. Before cooking oyster mushrooms, rinse thoroughly under running water to get rid of earth and debris.
2. Trim the bottom of the leg as it is difficult to cook and remains stiff.
3. Oyster mushrooms are quite large mushrooms, so for convenience, it is better to cut them into pieces before cooking.
4. Place the mushrooms in a pot of cold water, add salt to taste, then put on the stove (keep in mind that oyster mushrooms release a lot of juice when cooking, so little water is needed just to cover the mushrooms). To give the mushrooms a piquant taste, you can add a pinch of pepper and a clove of garlic.
5. After boiling water, cook oyster mushrooms for 15-20 minutes at moderate heat. Cooking time can increase up to 25 minutes if the mushrooms are very large.
6. After the oyster mushrooms are cooked, put them in a colander and place it over the sink, shake to drain excess liquid. Your oyster mushrooms are cooked!
creamy oyster mushroom soup recipe
Oyster mushrooms – 300 grams
Potatoes – 3-4 pieces
Onions – 1 head
Cream 10-20% – 250 milliliters
Sunflower oil – 1 tablespoon
Salt, pepper, dill or parsley – to taste.
Cooking oyster mushroom soup Wash
, peel, cut potatoes into 1 cm cubes and boil in a three-liter saucepan with 1 liter of water, then remove the potatoes, chop in a blender, add 300 ml of potato broth and cream to the mashed potatoes.
Wash the oyster mushrooms, finely chop, peel the onion from the upper leaves and finely chop. Fry oyster mushrooms and onions in oil for 5-10 minutes over low heat, then add to potatoes. Salt and pepper, mix well, leave for a couple of minutes and sprinkle with herbs.
How to pickle oyster mushrooms at home
Oyster mushrooms – 2 kilograms
Water – 1.2 liters
Vinegar – 6 tablespoons
Bay leaf – 4 pieces
Dried dill – to taste
Garlic – 4 cloves
Clove inflorescences – 10 pieces
Pepper – 10 peas
Sugar – 2 tablespoons
Salt – 4 tablespoons
How to pickle oyster mushrooms for the winter
1. Rinse fresh oyster mushrooms in cold water and separate the legs from the caps (only the caps are marinated), carefully cut large mushrooms into slices, leave small mushrooms as they are.
2. Put oyster mushrooms in a saucepan and pour prepared water, add all the spices (except vinegar) and put on the stove over moderate heat.
3. After boiling water, add 6 tablespoons of vinegar and cook for 30 minutes.
4. Immediately place hot mushrooms in sterilized jars (if desired, add a tablespoon of vegetable oil) and roll up.
– In appearance, oyster mushrooms are mushrooms on a thin curved stalk with a round or horn-shaped hat, up to 30 centimeters in diameter. The upper surface of the oyster mushroom cap is glossy, the cap itself is large and fleshy. By the appearance of the fungus, you can determine its age. So, in old oyster mushrooms, the color of the cap is white-yellow, in a mature mushroom it is ash-violet, and in a young one it is dark gray.
– Oyster mushrooms are divided into ordinary and horn-shaped. The main difference is that the horn-shaped oyster mushroom has a lighter, more yellowish cap, and the plates of such mushrooms have a mesh connection.
– The most favorable season for growing and collecting oyster mushrooms is autumn and early winter (from September to December), as these mushrooms tolerate sub-zero temperatures well. It happens that oyster mushrooms are found in May and even June, subject to cold weather.
– Oyster mushrooms do not grow on the ground, but high on tree trunks, mainly on deciduous trees, these mushrooms are also found on stumps or deadwood. Most often, oyster mushrooms grow in groups of several dozen pieces, intertwined with each other with legs.
– The average cost of fresh oyster mushrooms in Moscow is 300 rubles / 1 kilogram (as of June 2017).
– Oyster mushrooms are available all year round, as they grow not only in their natural environment, but are also cultivated artificially and do not require special conditions for growth.
– Ready-made oyster mushrooms can be used in the preparation of first and second courses, these mushrooms are often added to various salads.
– Calorie store oyster mushrooms – 35-40 kcal / 100 grams.
– Oyster mushrooms contain vitamin A (for vision), folic acid (responsible for cellular production), and most B vitamins (cell growth and repair).
– Fresh mushrooms are stored in the refrigerator at a temperature of 0 to +2 for no more than 15 days.
– Mushrooms that have cooled down after cooking can be stored in the freezer , packing them in a plastic bag before storage.
– The benefits of oyster mushrooms are due to the content of vitamin B (cell respiration, energy and emotional health of a person), as well as C (immune support), E (healthy state of cells) and D (growth and health of bones and hair).
How to salt oyster mushrooms – a hot way
Oyster mushrooms – 3 kilograms Coarse
salt – 200 grams
Garlic – 5 cloves
Peppercorns, seasonings – to taste
Vinegar 6% – 3 tablespoons, or vinegar 9% vinegar – 2 tablespoons.
How to clean oyster mushrooms
Soak oyster mushrooms in cold water for 1 hour, then remove forest debris, cut off dark places from the legs and caps of oyster mushrooms. Cut each oyster mushroom into several pieces and cut off dark places, if any. Peeled oyster mushrooms are ready for cooking.
How to salt oyster mushrooms Boil
oyster mushroom hats for 10 minutes, transfer to jars. Prepare the brine – mix vinegar, salt, pepper and spices, add 2 cups of water. Boil the brine, add to the oyster mushrooms. Place garlic in jars. Roll up jars with salted oyster mushrooms, store in the refrigerator for 7 days. After 7 days, salted oyster mushrooms are ready!