Cook oatmeal from large flakes for 15 minutes . Cook oatmeal from small flakes for 5 minutes .
In a slow cooker, cook oatmeal for 10 – 20 minutes in the “Milk porridge” mode. Cook oatmeal in a
double boiler for 30-40 minutes .
How to cook oatmeal with milk
Oatmeal – half a mug with a volume of 200 milliliters
Milk 1-3% fat – 1 cup 200 milliliters
Sugar – 1/2 tablespoon
Salt – 1 pinch
Vegetable or butter – 1 tablespoon
How to cook oatmeal
1. Measure out 1/2 cup of oatmeal.
2. Measure out a cup of milk.
3. Pour the milk into the pan, wait for the first steam and pour the cereal into the milk.
4. Stir oatmeal in milk, cook for 3-15 minutes depending on the type of cereal.
5. 1 minute before the end, add sugar to oatmeal and mix.
6. Add oil to oatmeal, mix and serve.
Your oatmeal is cooked, serve with pleasure!
How to cook oatmeal with milk and water
Hercules flakes – half a cup
Milk – half a cup
Water – 1 cup
Salt – a quarter of a teaspoon
Sugar – 1-2 tablespoons
Butter – 20 grams
How to cook oatmeal
1. Pour 1 glass of water into a saucepan, salt, sweeten and put on high heat.
2. When the water boils, pour in the oatmeal.
3. Cook oatmeal for 3 or 10 minutes depending on the type of cereal (small – less, large – longer).
4. When the water evaporates, pour in a thin stream of milk, stirring the porridge.
5. When the porridge boils, cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to a minimum.
6. Turn off the fire under the porridge, insist for 5-10 minutes.
7. Arrange oatmeal on plates, put a piece of butter on top.
How to cook oatmeal in water
for 1 serving
Water – 3/4 cup
– For thick porridge – 1/2 cup
– For viscous porridge – 1/3 cup
– For thin porridge – 1/4 cup
Butter – a small cube
Salt – a pinch
Sugar or honey – 1 tablespoon
How to cook oatmeal in water
1. Pour 3/4 cup of water into a saucepan, bring to a boil, salt and add sugar.
2. Pour the right amount of oatmeal, stir so that there are no lumps.
3. Cook oatmeal for 3-12 minutes at a low boil.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, let the oatmeal brew under the lid for 5 minutes.
5. Put the finished porridge on plates, put the butter.
How to cook oatmeal in milk in a multicooker
1. Pour the required amount of oatmeal into the multicooker container, pour in water, add salt, sugar and butter to taste.
2. Close the multicooker lid, set the “Milk porridge” mode, time from 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the type of oatmeal.
How to cook oatmeal with milk in a double boiler
1. Pour oatmeal into a rice bowl, pour in water, add salt and sugar.
2. Cook oatmeal for 5-25 minutes depending on the type of oatmeal.
The standard proportions of oatmeal and liquid are 1:3. For example, half a glass of oatmeal is poured into one and a half glasses of liquid. In this case, you get a liquid porridge that can satisfy morning hunger. For viscous porridge, use the proportions 1:2 (half a glass of flakes 1 glass of liquid), for thick – 1:1.5 (half a glass of flakes – a quarter to a full glass of liquid). By liquid is meant water or milk, or a mixture of them in an arbitrary ratio. For tasty, but not very high-calorie oatmeal, it is recommended to use water and milk in half.
To get 1 serving of viscous porridge weighing 150 grams, you need 1/4 cup of oatmeal and 3/4 cup of milk.
Oatmeal and oatmeal are not the same thing . Hercules is a processed oatmeal specially formulated to save time in cooking porridge. Oatmeal is boiled for 40 minutes, which for modern reality is an unacceptably long time for preparing breakfast.
The essence of preparing oat flakes from oats is peeling, steaming to soften and flattening (hence the appearance – flakes) for quick preparation, then calcining for long-term storage. The result is the ability to cook nutritious and healthy porridge in 3-15 minutes.
Oat flakes come in coarse, medium and fine grinding , this difference is expressed in the number indicated on the package. It takes 15 minutes to cook oatmeal No. 1 (it is precisely such oatmeal that is called “Hercules”), this is the largest grinding. Oat flakes of medium grinding (No. 2) cook for 10 minutes, No. 3 (fine grinding) cook for 5 minutes. The most useful flakes are considered coarse, they are minimally processed and contain a maximum of nutrients with an acceptable cooking time.
Thus, oatmeal and oatmeal are not the same thing, oatmeal is one of 3 varieties of oatmeal.
Instant oatmeal ( which must be poured with boiling water) has a low nutritional value – just a few minutes after breakfast, such porridge feels hungry again.
Oatmeal is similar in composition to women’s milk, therefore it is a nutritious treat for children. However, often children should not be given oatmeal. From 6-8 months 1 time per week without salt and sugar, from 1-1.5 years more often.
Daily consumption of oatmeal for breakfast is recommended if there is lethargy and drowsiness associated with an unhealthy lifestyle or stress.
If oatmeal is obtained with a slight bitterness , then either the water is bad, or the oatmeal was stored incorrectly (or the expiration date has expired). Sometimes bitterness can be the result of a Hercules variety, high-quality finely ground flakes will not be bitter.
Oatmeal is called “porridge of beauty” for the content of biotin (slows down the aging process), antioxidant substances (normalizes the food tract) and, in general, improves heart function. Oatmeal can be an excellent dietary aid, but only if the dish is not salted or sweetened.
Calorie content of oatmeal in milk – 360 kcal / 100 grams.
Recently, when it becomes fashionable to follow the energy needs of the body, oatmeal is flavored with bran. Oatmeal with bran is even more useful and nutritious.
It is recommended to serve oatmeal quickly, as it cools instantly, with cocoa and fresh white bread.
Additives to oatmeal – a handful of cinnamon or nutmeg, chopped prunes and dried apricots, raisins, fresh berries.
Decorations for oatmeal – banana slices, almonds, yogurt, citrus zest, honey, maple syrup.
Serve oatmeal should be laid out on plates, bowls or waffle cups.
Store oatmeal in milk for a day in the refrigerator.