Boil mushrooms for 25-30 minutes in salted water.
How to cook mushrooms
You will need – moss mushrooms, water, a small knife for cleaning
1. Rinse the mushrooms well under running water to remove dirt and debris. Lay the mushrooms out on a towel to dry slightly.
2. To speed up the cooking process, cut large mushrooms into pieces, leave small ones in their original form.
3. Before cooking, pour boiling water over mushrooms and let it brew for 5-10 minutes.
4. Put a pot of cold water on the fire and bring to a boil (it is preferable to use enamelware).
5. Put pre-washed and chopped mushrooms into boiling water, salt and cook for 25-30 minutes over moderate heat.
6. After cooking the mushrooms, drain the water completely. To do this, take a colander and place it over the sink, put hot mushrooms in it and wait 2-3 minutes for all excess liquid to drain. If necessary, shake the colander with mushrooms several times (carefully so as not to burn yourself). Mushroom broth can be used to make sauces.
How to cook mushrooms before frying 1. Peel and wash the mushrooms, cut into pieces.
2. Infuse the mushrooms in boiling water for 5-10 minutes.
3. Drain the water, put the mushrooms in a saucepan, pour fresh water and put on fire.
4. Boil mushrooms for 15 minutes, drain the water. After that, you can fry the mushrooms, the broth is suitable for making sauces.
Moss mushroom soup recipe
– 500 gr.
Potatoes – 4 medium potatoes or 3 large ones.
Barley – 2 tablespoons.
Onion – 1 pc.
Greens – parsley, dill, green onions, salt, pepper, butter, sour cream – to taste.
Alternatively, you can cook mushroom soup in meat broth.
The number of ingredients for soup is indicated per 4 liter pot.
Moss mushroom soup recipe
Pour 4 liters of water into a saucepan, put to bask. Moss mushrooms clean, rinse and cut, put in a hot frying pan, poured with oil. Salt (1 teaspoon salt) and fry, stirring, 7-10 minutes. Peel and cut the onion, add to the mushrooms, fry for another 3-5 minutes.
Transfer the fried mushrooms with onions to a saucepan with boiling water over low heat, salt again (1 tablespoon of salt).
Rinse barley, add to mushroom soup. Cook for 10 more minutes. Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes with a side of 1-1.5 cm, add to the mushroom soup. Cook for another 15 minutes.
Mushroom mushroom soup is served with fresh white bread, green onions and sour cream.
Caviar from mossiness mushrooms
Fresh mushrooms – 1 kilogram
Onions – 2 pieces
Mayonnaise – 5 tablespoons
Greens (parsley and dill) – 3 sprigs
each Garlic – 3 cloves
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
How to cook caviar from mossiness
mushrooms 1. Rinse mushrooms from debris and carefully clean from the ground.
2. Boil mushrooms in an enameled pan, for this, cook mushrooms for 25 minutes. Moss mushrooms should be placed in boiling salted water.
3. Drain all the water over the sink using a colander. Place the mushrooms on a plate to cool slightly.
4. Using a meat grinder, chop the boiled mushrooms.
5. Chop two medium onions and fry in vegetable oil. Turn off the stove when the onion begins to brown and turn golden.
6. Mix fried onions with mushrooms, put mayonnaise (sour cream can be used to give the dish a lower calorie content) and salt.
7. Squeeze 3 garlic cloves into the mushroom mass. Simmer the resulting mixture for no more than 5 minutes.
How to prepare caviar from mushrooms for the winter
1. Sterilize jars, put a couple of cloves of garlic and 4 sprigs of dill on the bottom.
2. Arrange the finished caviar from mossiness mushrooms in sterilized jars and roll up. Let it brew for at least a week.
– When cleaning, mushrooms turn black very quickly, therefore, in order to prevent the mushrooms from darkening , you need to start cooking right away. Moss mushrooms will not turn black if you soak them in boiling water for 5-10 minutes before the cooking process.
– Moss mushrooms are mushrooms that are very palatable , with a specific fruity smell.
– Signs of young flywheels . The caps of young mossiness mushrooms have a semicircular shape, and the pores of the fungus are painted in a rich yellow color. In the process of “growing up” the moss cap takes on a convex shape. Mature mushrooms have a round cushion-shaped cap, the diameter of which reaches 12 centimeters, the color of the pores changes to brown. The moss fly that grows on young green moss has a short, dense stem and a wide cap, while the one that grows on old and dry moss is distinguished by a tall and thin stem with a more elongated cap.
– The main difference between an edible mushroom and a false one is the presence of a blue color on the cut of the mushroom. The false mushroom has a much smaller cap size – about 5 centimeters.
– Mossiness mushrooms owe their unusual name to the place of growth. Most often, these mushrooms can be found on mossy areas of trees, on old stumps, or simply on the slopes of old ravines.
– Mossiness mushrooms begin to appear from May to September. You can find a flywheel both in a deciduous forest and in a coniferous one. This mushroom is not whimsical in choosing a place of growth and is not afraid of low temperatures, so the flywheel is often found in northern latitudes. Often, the flywheel can be found growing on an anthill or a rotten stump.
– The yellow-brown flywheel is distinguished by the dark yellow color of the cap and the presence of a dense brown leg. The green flywheel has a velvety green hat and has a more elongated shape. The Polish mushroom, which is also a subspecies of the flywheel, is distinguished by the presence of a dark brown cap and a dense stem of the same color.
– Moss mushrooms are rich in essential amino acids (positive effect on metabolism), vitamins A (protein synthesis), D (cell growth), PP (nervous system), B vitamins (energy formation).
– The average cost of frozen mushrooms in Moscow is from 1000 rubles / 1 kilogram (as of June 2017).
– The calorie content of mossiness mushrooms is 18 kcal.
– Fresh mushrooms are stored in the vegetable and fruit compartment for 3 days.
How to pickle mushrooms
Products For marinade and cooking for each liter of water – 2 tablespoons of salt,
– half a teaspoon of 70% vinegar,
– lavrushka – 2 leaves,
– cloves – 2 buds,
– peppercorns – 5 peas.
– sugar – a tablespoon.
Preparation of pickled mushrooms 1. Sort, clean, wash the mushrooms, add them to an enamel pan with salted water, put on a strong fire, cook completely, stirring and removing the foam.
2. Add vinegar and spices to the mushrooms, cook for another 2 minutes.
3. Cover the pan with gauze and leave in a cool place for 2-3 days.
4. Then put the mushrooms in a colander, rinse, put in jars, pour freshly prepared marinade so that the marinade is about 20%, twist.
5. After 2 weeks, your pickled mushrooms are ready.