It takes 1.5 hours to prepare mashkhurda.
How to cook mashkhurda
For a 5-liter saucepan of soup
Lamb – 500 grams
Mash – 1 cup
Rice – half a glass
Bulgarian pepper – 1 piece
Tomatoes – 3 pieces
Potatoes – 3 medium
Onions – 1 head
Carrots – 2 medium
Garlic – 5 teeth
Chili pepper – 1 pod
Ginger – 1 tablespoon
Dill and parsley – 1 bunch
each Dried coriander – 2 teaspoons
Black peppercorns – 10 peas
Vegetable oil – 3 tablespoons
How to cook mashkhurda
1. 1 bell pepper, 3 tomatoes, 3 potatoes, onions and carrots, peeled and cut into cubes with a side of 1 centimeter.
2. Peel the garlic and grate on a fine grater.
3. Grate ginger on a fine grater.
4. Wash the lamb, cut off the veins and cut into cubes with a side of 2.5 centimeters.
5. Pour oil into a saucepan and put on medium heat.
6. Put the garlic and fry it for 1 minute.
7. Put the meat and fry it for 3 minutes over high heat with constant stirring.
8. Put the onion into the pan, fry it together with the meat for 2 minutes over high heat.
9. Salt the meat with onions, mix and put the carrots; fry for 3 more minutes.
10. Put the chopped tomatoes, mix and fry for another 10 minutes.
11. Put a teaspoon of pepper.
12. Pour in 3 liters of water, mix the soup.
13. Wash the chili pepper, remove the seeds and stalk, and put in the soup.
14. Sort the mung bean, removing small grains, and put in the soup; cook for 10 minutes.
15. Put the bell pepper and potatoes into the soup and cook for 30 minutes.
16. Put the rice in the soup and cook for 20 minutes.
17. Wash and dry parsley and dill, chop finely.
18. Pour the soup into bowls, sprinkle with parsley and dill.
– Mashkhurda soup is named after the main ingredient – mash.
– Mashkhurda soup is a dish of Uzbek cuisine.
– For mashkhurda, a cauldron or a thick-walled pan is ideal.
– In the classic version of mashkhurda, lamb is used, in a more accessible version, you can use beef.
– To give the oil a special, spicy taste, it is necessary to add aji pepper when heating the oil and heat it for 1 minute, and then put it out of the oil.
– It is recommended to serve mashkhurda with sour cream, which is mixed with crushed garlic and salt.
– If you want to make the mashkhurda sour, it is recommended to add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste to the soup.