Cook mashed potatoes for 30 minutes .
In a slow cooker, cook mashed potatoes for half an hour.
In the microwave, 400-450 grams of mashed potatoes will cook for 7 minutes .
How to cook mashed potatoes
Potato – 1 kilogram
Butter – a cube with a side of 3 centimeters
Milk – 1 cup
Salt – to taste
How to cook mashed potatoes in a saucepan
1. Prepare potatoes: take potatoes of the same size, wash, peel, cut each potato into 2 parts.
2. Put the potatoes in a saucepan, pour water so that it is two fingers above the level of the potatoes.
3. Put the pan on the fire, after boiling, cook for 20 minutes.
4. In another saucepan, heat the milk without bringing it to a boil.
5. Melt butter.
6. Drain the potato broth, chop the potatoes directly in the pan with a pusher. Put the butter, pour in the milk and mix thoroughly.
7. Serve mashed potatoes, garnished with herbs.
How to cook mashed potatoes in a
multicooker 1. Wash, peel, put the potatoes in a multicooker container, add water, cook for half an hour in the “Extinguishing” mode.
2. Drain the water, pour in warm milk and melted butter, add salt, knead and serve.
How to cook mashed potatoes in the microwave
1. Cut potatoes (400-450 grams) into cubes with a side of 2 centimeters.
2. Put the potatoes in a deep dish for microwave ovens, fill with water halfway and cover with a lid.
3. Close the microwave, set it to 800 watts, cook for 7 minutes.
4. Open the microwave, put the dish with mashed potatoes (carefully! It can be hot!), Drain the water.
5. Pour in hot milk, add salt and butter, stir the puree vigorously.
What to serve with mashed potatoes
Mashed potatoes go well with grated cheese (you can mix it in mashed potatoes or sprinkle it on top), sour cream, cheese or mushroom sauce , ketchup. When serving, you can sprinkle the puree with herbs.
Spices for mashed
potatoes When chopping mashed potatoes, you can add a spoonful of grated lemon peel, red and black pepper, dill or parsley.
How to make thick mashed potatoes
If you accidentally poured more milk into the mashed potatoes than planned, and there is no additional boiled potatoes, you can use the methods of thickening mashed potatoes (on mashed potatoes from 1 kilogram of potatoes and poured 2 glasses of milk instead of 1):
– put on a quiet fire and boil for 3-5 minutes, waiting for the excess liquid to evaporate;
– add grated cheese and / or pour in a raw chicken egg, boil for 10 minutes over low heat after boiling;
– add 1 tablespoon of flour, mix thoroughly and also boil for 3-5 minutes;
– add powdered potatoes – 2 tablespoons of powder will be enough for 1 kilogram of potatoes.
It is important to remember that the mashed potatoes will be thicker when cooled – within a few seconds after cooling on a plate, the mashed potatoes will no longer be flimsy.
How to change the color of mashed potatoes
The color of mashed potatoes is easy to change if you add a little beetroot broth.
Calorie content of mashed potatoes
Calorie content of mashed potatoes – 90 kcal / 100 grams.
Varieties of potatoes for cooking mashed potatoes
The varieties “Sineglazka” and “Pigeon” are most suitable for cooking mashed potatoes – when cooked, they have the highest viscosity.
How to Reduce the Cooking Time of Mashed Potatoes
You can reduce the cooking time of potatoes by peeling them and cutting each potato into 4-5 pieces. Firstly, there will be less water (and time for it to boil), and secondly, small pieces of potatoes will be boiled instead of the usual 20 for only 10-12 minutes.
Salt in mashed potatoes
Salt is added before serving the mashed potatoes so that the mashed potatoes retain their airiness.
Secrets of storing mashed potatoes
1. Potatoes must be mashed immediately for mashing, do not store mashed potatoes.
2. If the puree is being prepared for several days, you should immediately add more water during cooking so that the puree retains its airiness. In another case, it will begin to “tan” after a few hours.
3. Before serving, beat the puree with an additional whisk – then it will be saturated with oxygen and regain its former airiness.