Cook long grain rice for 20 minutes.
How to cook long grain rice
grain rice – 1 cup
Water – 1.5 cups
Butter or vegetable oil – 1 tablespoon
Salt – 1 pinch
1. Rinse 1 cup of rice thoroughly in a sieve.
2. Pour rice with 1.5 cups of cold water. The water should cover the rice by 2 centimeters.
3. Add salt to taste to the pan.
4. Close the pan tightly with a lid and turn on the burner at maximum power for 5 minutes.
5. Reduce the heat to a minimum and cook the rice for 15 minutes.
6. After this time, turn off the heat and let the rice stand for 5 minutes under the lid.
7. Remove the lid, add 1 tablespoon of butter or vegetable oil to the rice, mix and close the pan again with a lid for 3 minutes.
8. Remove the lid and divide the rice into portions.
How to rinse rice without a sieve
1. Pour 1 cup of rice into a thick-walled saucepan, pour cold water over it, mix well.
2. Drain the water.
3. Repeat the procedure 5-7 times until the water becomes clear.
1. Long-grain rice is a variety of rice whose grain length exceeds 6 millimeters.
2. Dinno-grain rice retains its shape when cooked and does not stick together.
3. This type of rice is ideal for cooking pilaf, salad, side dishes.
4. Long grain rice can be white or brown.
5. The best varieties of white long-grain rice are “Thai Jasmine” and “Basmati”.
6. Parboiled long grain rice has a yellowish tint due to steaming.
7. Nutritionists advise fasting rice days for those who want to lose weight, since rice contains little sodium, which retains water in the body.
8. The average cost of long-grain rice in Moscow in June 2017 is from 65 rubles / 1 kilogram.
9. Calorie content of rice – 365 kcal / 100 grams.
10. Ready rice can be stored for 3 days in the refrigerator in a container with a lid.