Put the lobster in a large pot of boiling water – it is important that the lobster is completely submerged in the water. Together with the lobster, bring the water to a boil again, reduce the heat to medium and cook for 10 – 15 minutes, covered with a lid.
How to cook lobsters
1. Pour cold water into a large saucepan – 15-19 liters per 3-4 kilograms of lobsters.
2. Salt the water by putting a couple of tablespoons of salt per 1 liter of liquid.
3. If desired, add a few bay leaves, a sprig of thyme or the juice of one lemon to the water for flavor.
4. Place a pot of salted water on a high heat, wait until the water boils violently.
5. Use tongs to take the lobster by the back and lower it into the rapidly boiling water head first. Lay down all the lobsters as quickly as possible, if there are several.
6. Cover the pot with lobsters, immediately note the time and cook the lobsters for the time depending on the weight.
7. Check the readiness of lobsters in several ways:
– Ready lobster should be bright red.
– Whiskers should be easy to remove.
– the finished lobster meat should be firm, white with an opaque skin.
– in a female, the caviar should become orange-red and hard.
Soup with boiled lobster
Lobster – 1 kilogram
Butter – 100 grams
Sour cream – 1 tablespoon
Lemon – half a lemon
Carrots – 2 medium carrots or 1 large
Grape vinegar – 1 teaspoon
Herbs, bay leaf, parsley, salt, pepper – to taste
How to cook soup with lobster
1. Wash, peel and cut carrots into thin circles.
2. Put carrots, herbs, lobsters into a 5-liter saucepan, pour in water, grape vinegar, add salt. Cook for 15 minutes.
3. Heat lemon juice, butter and sour cream, salt, pepper, boil on the quietest fire for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Serve boiled lobster with poured broth in deep bowls, serve sauce separately in gravy boats.
How to cook lobster tails
Lay the lobster tails on a work surface. Take a lobster one at a time, cut the shell along the back with scissors. Cook for 5 minutes, then serve immediately: sprinkle with chopped green onions and olive oil.
Lobster and lobster are one and the same.
– Before lowering the lobster into the pan, you need to secure its claws with rubber bands , otherwise you can get injured.
– The size of the pot for boiling lobster must be selected according to the size of the lobster itself. Usually, 3-4 kilograms of lobsters need about 20 liters of water.
The green lump in the lobster’s tail is its liver. It is edible, but it is not recommended to eat it, as it is not known what the lobster ate before being caught. In female lobsters, eggs can be found in the tail . When cooked, it takes on an orange-red appearance. It can be eaten, but most people don’t.
How to cut and eat a lobster
1. Prepare a large sharp knife and kitchen scissors for cutting.
2. Remove the rubber bands from the claws of the cooled lobster.
3. Use your hands to tear off the claws of the lobster – including the long, narrow part that looks like a tube, where it connects to the body.
4. Twist the lower, smaller part of the claw and carefully tear it off, along with the transparent substance coming out of it.
5. Top – tear off the large part of the claw from the long narrow part.
6. Take the upper large part of the claw and hit its edge several times with the blunt side of the leg until the hard shell splits.
7. Pull the meat out of the split claw.
8. Take the long narrow part of the claws, similar to a tube, make an incision in the place where the claws were attached. Insert the scissors into the incision and make an incision along the entire length to cut the tube in half and remove the meat from it.
9. Take the body of the lobster with your left hand, lift it up, detach the tail with your right hand.
10. Roll the tail of the lobster into a ball.
11. Put your left hand on the lump, press it with your right hand until a crunch appears. It is better to do this with gloves so as not to injure your hands on the hard chitinous shell.
12. Disconnect the shell along the fault line and pull out the meat.
13. Tear off the legs of a large lobster, break them in half so that you can suck out the meat.
How to choose lobsters
Lobsters are best bought right by the river where they were caught. Lobster should be as fresh as possible when cooked, stored in the refrigerator for a maximum of a day before cooking. It is better to choose lobsters that do not have a semblance of a white web on the shell. Ready boiled lobster should smell sweet, their tails should be wrapped under the body. It makes no sense to buy frozen lobsters – they have neither the taste, nor the aroma, nor the benefits of fresh ones.
What is the calorie content?
Lobster calories – 119 kcal / 100 grams.