Boil the leeks for 10 minutes.
Leek cream soup
– 300 grams
Potatoes – 3 pieces (medium)
Milk – 0.6 liters
Paprika – 6 grams
Salt – to taste
How to cook leek cream soup
1. Wash potatoes, dry well with paper towels.
2. Put the potatoes in the oven, bake.
3. Finely chop the leek.
4. Pour oil into the pan, lightly fry the onion.
5. Peel the potatoes, cut into cubes with a side of 1 centimeter.
6. Place the prepared potatoes, warm milk and leek in a blender.
7. Beat the products into a homogeneous mass.
8. Boil soup, add salt.
9. Garnish the finished leek soup with paprika.
Puree with leeks
– 0.5 kilograms
Beef broth – 0.5 liters
Processed cheese – 100 grams
Sweet bell pepper – 1 piece
Oil (olive or sunflower) – 2 tablespoons
Onion – 2 pieces
Garlic – 1 clove
Green onion – 1 piece
How to cook leek puree
1. Peel and chop the onion and bell pepper, remove the seeds and stem from the pepper.
2. Peel and mince the garlic with a knife or garlic press.
3. Wash, dry and cut the leeks and green onions into small pieces.
4. Heat up the pan, pour in the oil and put in all the onions and bell peppers.
5. Add a little broth, stew vegetables for 10 minutes.
6. Put the stewed vegetables in a separate pan, add a little more broth.
7. Cook the soup until the leeks are soft, 7-10 minutes.
8. Heat the broth, put the melted cheese into it and dissolve the cheese with a blender.
9. Add the prepared cheese to the soup in a thin stream, continuing to stir continuously.
10. Salt and pepper the puree, you can add sour cream to taste.
The leek is called the royal vegetable. It has been known to mankind since ancient times. In ancient Egypt, Rome and Greece, leeks were considered one of the most important vegetables. Leek came to Europe in the Middle Ages. The Russians began to grow it only in the twentieth century. Leek was considered food for noble and wealthy people. Onion greens were used as a salad, and the colorless part was used in a wide variety of dishes as a condiment. Leek occupied a prominent place even on the table of the Roman emperor Nero.
– For cooking , use the bases of onion leaves. The leaves are not edible due to excessive rigidity. And the false stem and false bulb are extremely tasty. The taste of the edible part of the leek is slightly spicy (compared to onions, the taste is more delicate). Dishes with leek added to them, in addition to piquant taste, acquire a peculiar aroma. Compared to the usual onion, the leek contains a lot of juice. Boiled leek bulbs are very good as a soup seasoning.
– The homeland of the leek is Western Asia. It was from there that the plant came to the Mediterranean countries. A wild type of leek is grape onion. Leek is an ancient culture, as it was widely used in ancient states.
– Gout, urolithiasis, obesity, mental and physical fatigue – this is not a complete list of diseases and painful conditions in which the use of leeks is indicated. Leek stimulates digestion, improves appetite, slows down the manifestations of atherosclerosis in the vessels. Thanks to folic acid, leek is very useful for pregnant women. But leeks also have contraindications. Do not eat raw leeks for people with stomach ulcers.
– The leek is one of the symbols of Wales . According to legend, David of Wales, in the war with the Saxons, ordered his soldiers to attach leeks to their helmets. This made it possible to distinguish our own from enemies.
– Leek is the hero of Gianni Rodari’s fairy tale “Cipollino”. The leek had such a long and strong mustache that you could dry clothes on it!