Thai Khao Tom soup takes 2 hours to prepare.
How to cook Khao Thom
Rice – 1 cup with a volume of 300 milliliters
Water – 2 liters
Pork – 200 grams
Black peppercorns – 5 peas
Lime – 1 piece
Fish sauce – 3 tablespoons
Salt – 1 teaspoon
How to cook Khau Volume
1. Pork, if frozen, defrost, rinse and dry.
2. Put the pork on the board and cut into cubes with a side of 1.5 centimeters, removing excess fat.
3. Transfer the pork pieces to a saucepan, pour 2 liters of running water and put on fire.
4. When the broth begins to boil, remove the resulting foam, add salt and pepper, reduce the heat and close the pan with a lid.
5. Cook the pork pieces for 1 hour at a low boil.
6. Rinse the rice and put it on the pork.
7. Cover the pan with a lid, wait for it to boil and cook for another 20 minutes.
8. Cut the lime in half, remove the pits and squeeze the juice into the pan (make sure that the pits do not get into the final dish).
9. Pour the fish sauce into the pan.
10. Bring Khau Tom to a boil, turn off the heat and serve.
— Khao Tom is an Asian soup served in Thailand for breakfast. Pork in Khao Thom can be replaced with minced meat balls, shrimp or chicken fillet.
– Despite the fact that in Russia it is not customary to have breakfast with soup, Khau Tom will not be a heavy breakfast due to the benefits of rice and broth. And in case of stomach problems, Khau Tom is also a healing food.
– Salting Khau Tom should be done with caution, because. fish sauce is quite salty.
— Serve Thai breakfast Khau Tom with cilantro or parsley, sprinkled with grated ginger and ground chili peppers, serve fried garlic separately.
– Since. rice is boiled in soup and turns into porridge, Khau Thom should be cooked for 1 meal.
– An economical version of Khau Tom – without meat, but more garlic, seasonings and additionally add a bouillon cube.
— Khau Tom in Thailand can be tasted in almost any cafe and macaroons. Home-cooked Khao Thom is usually richer because chefs do not add broth to the soup, but a diluted bouillon cube.
– More or less broth can be added according to taste to make the consistency of the Khao Thom thinner or thicker. To regulate the calorie content, you can replace part of the broth with water, and pork meat with shrimp.