Boil apple-orange jam for 40 minutes. In total, it takes 3 hours and 50 minutes to make jam.
How to make jam from apples and oranges
For 2 liters of jam
Apples – 6 pieces of medium size (1 kilogram)
Oranges – 2 pieces (400 grams)
Sugar – 1 kilogram
1. Wash the apples, remove the core with seeds. Cut apples into cubes.
2. Wash oranges, blot moisture and peel.
3. Remove the peel from two oranges. Cut the fruit pulp into pieces.
4. Put in a saucepan: cubes of apples, slices of oranges, sugar, orange zest. Leave for 3 hours – let the juice stand out.
5. Heat the contents of the pot until signs of boiling appear. Fire is medium.
6. Cook for 40 minutes. Remove the foam, stir the apple-orange jam. Fire is small.
Put the finished jam into jars.
– For jam, it is better to take ripe sweet apples. When cooking jam, they boil into a homogeneous mass, against which slices of oranges look spectacular.
– The minimum amount of white layer (between the peel and the pulp) should remain on the orange slices. Otherwise, the finished jam will be bitter. For the same reason, it is recommended to remove the bones.
– Dessert can be prepared for the future – for this, jars use sterilized jars. Keep refrigerated.