Rice “Indica” cook from the moment you start heating the water for 30 minutes.
How to cook indica rice
brown rice (long grain) – 180 grams
Water – 2 cups
Olive oil – 1 whole teaspoon and 0.5 teaspoon
Salt – half a teaspoon
How to cook indica rice at home
1. Thoroughly sort the rice, washing it with running water by placing it in a sieve with frequent holes. It is necessary to wash the rice until the water is completely transparent – and this is a guarantee of the friability of the cooked rice.
2. Pour the prepared cold water into a saucepan, pour the prepared rice and season with salt (half a teaspoon).
3. Constantly stirring, wait for the mixture to boil.
4. For 4 minutes at maximum heat, cook rice in a saucepan, tightly covering it with a lid.
5. Stir the rice groats, leave on low heat for another 2.5 minutes.
6. Stir the rice again, reduce the heat to the smallest value and cook for 11.5 minutes, remembering to constantly stir.
7. Add olive oil (half a teaspoon): it will give the rice a golden color and additional friability.
8. While stirring the rice, wait for the water to boil away, but do not let the rice burn.
9. You can rinse with non-hot water, flavor it with olive oil (1 teaspoon), mix a little and leave to simmer under the lid for 7 minutes.
– Calorie rice “indica” cooked – 98 kcal / 100 grams.
– “Indica”, unlike most varieties of rice, is not subjected to thorough mechanical processing. Minimal processing allows you to save a maximum of useful substances in rice, and their shell gives the characteristic color to the grains. Rice “Indica” is famous for the fact that, thanks to the careful processing of its grains, they retain the most useful thing – germs. It is not difficult to check the quality of such rice: if you try to germinate rice grains on your own, you can find out how high-quality the product is – good grains will certainly sprout.