Cook Indian rice for 40 minutes .
Long grain rice – 1 cup
Butter – 2 cm cube
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
Ground black pepper – on the tip of a knife
Turmeric – 1 teaspoon
Water – 2 cups
How to cook rice in Indian
style 1. Rinse the rice in running water (if the rice is washed in a saucepan, it is necessary to change the water until it is clear).
2. Boil water in a kettle or saucepan.
3. Heat the pan, melt a cube of butter on it and put the raw washed rice.
4. Add spices and salt, fry the rice for 3 minutes until white over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
5. Pour boiling water into the rice.
6. Cook rice over low heat for 15 minutes.
Indian-style rice is primarily understood as basmati rice with a lot of spices and spices. First of all, it is turmeric and curry, which will give the Indian-style rice a bright color. In order for this dish, which is economical in terms of food, to acquire more nutritious properties, butter is added, which can be replaced with olive oil.
To comply with Indian traditions, rice is combined with another cereal – mung. A little more familiar to us is the addition of Indian-style fried onions and carrots to rice. And you can arrange a completely royal feast if you add shrimp and fried eggs to Indian rice.