Melt hot chocolate in a water bath for about 5 minutes over low heat.
How to brew hot chocolate like in coffee shops
Milk – 50 milliliters
Chocolate – 200 grams
How to make hot chocolate
1. Boil a large pot of water, put another pot on top of it, slightly smaller so that it can fit in it, and pour in 50 milliliters of milk.
2. Heat the milk to 50 degrees, reduce the heat to low and gradually lower two chocolate bars broken into pieces (100 grams each) into the pan.
3. Slowly melt the chocolate until smooth in a water bath. In the process of cooking, you need to constantly stir the chocolate mass with a wooden spatula or a silicone spatula and in no case allow it to boil.
4. As soon as the chocolate has completely melted, remove the pan from the heat and immediately pour into cups. The taste of the drink is very rich and tart, so it is recommended to serve it with a glass of cool boiled water.
– For cooking, both special culinary chocolate and dark, bitter, milk chocolate are suitable. The main thing is that it has a solid structure – not porous – and has high palatability (without GMOs, preservatives and flavorings). The astringency of the future drink will depend on the percentage of cocoa beans in the bar.
– During the cooking process, you must carefully monitor that water does not accidentally get into the chocolate either, otherwise it will instantly curl up and just have to be thrown away.
– To give the chocolate a special density during the preparation process, you can add starch, egg yolk or sour cream to the drink. To do this, as soon as the chocolate has melted, add 3 cups of water to each 100 gram bar, carefully add the yolk or 1 tablespoon of starch and stir until the mass thickens. Or, before serving, add a tablespoon of sour cream, sugar to taste to each glass with chocolate and mix. It is important that the starch, when added, should be sifted so that it dissolves more easily.
– If desired, you can decorate chocolate with cinnamon, fruit or nutmeg. Also, this dessert goes well with vanilla, cardamom, hot pepper and ginger.