Wash whole eggplants, cook for 20 minutes . Eggplants are cleaned after boiling.
Boil eggplant cut into slices or circles for 10 minutes .
How to cook eggplant
You will need – eggplant, water
How to cook whole eggplant
As a rule, you need to cook blanks
1. Wash the eggplant.
2. Fill a saucepan with cold water, bring to a boil and add salt.
3. Dip the eggplant in boiling water, cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to medium.
4. Boil the eggplant for 20 minutes.
5. Let the eggplant cool slightly, cut in half and scoop out the pulp with a spoon.
How to cook eggplants in the microwave
1. Rinse thoroughly, dry the eggplants and make several deep punctures in them with a fork.
2. Put the dish with eggplant in the microwave and cook for 5 minutes at 800 watts.
3. Allow the fruits to cool slightly, and then remove the peel from them.
How to cook eggplant in a double boiler
1. Peel the washed eggplants from the tails and cut in half.
2. Salt and pepper the fruits to taste and place them in a double boiler container. Cook for 15 minutes.
See how to cook eggplant caviar according to the classic recipe and in a slow cooker!
Cooking eggplant the right way
1. Eggplants are not cooked as a separate dish, cooking is needed for preparing compound dishes and preparations for the winter.
2. So that the eggplant does not darken during cooking, it is better to use enameled dishes, it protects the fruit from oxidation processes.
3. Eggplants must be dipped in boiling water, otherwise they will swell and lose their taste from a long stay in water.
4. It is recommended to remove the skin from eggplants after cooking. During cooking, it becomes thinner, and it is much easier to remove it – just cut the eggplant in half lengthwise and scoop out the pulp with a tablespoon.
5. Eggplant contains vitamins B (improve the functioning of the nervous system) and C (prevention of colds), as well as folic acid, which is necessary for pregnant women. In addition, this vegetable is rich in various trace elements that are useful for people after suffering strokes, with anemia. A lot of valuable substances are found in the eggplant skin itself, in particular, nasunin. This element is an excellent antioxidant.
6. Eggplant is a dietary product. 100 grams of boiled fruits contain only 23 kilocalories.
7. The average cost of a kilogram of eggplant in the season (July-November) is 40 rubles, in the off season – from 200 rubles. (data for Moscow as of June 2017).