Peel the asparagus from a hard peel, cut off the ends of the asparagus, put in a saucepan in an upright position (for convenience, you can tie the asparagus with a thread). Boil asparagus for 3-4 minutes, steam for 5 minutes.
How to cook asparagus
You will need – asparagus (half a kilo), water
How to Prepare Asparagus for Boiling
1. Rinse the asparagus under cold running water.
2. Clean the asparagus from the film on the top of the asparagus, fibrous skin and rough places with a sharp short-bladed knife or potato peeler.
3. Collect the asparagus in a bunch and cut off the roots.
4. Tie a bunch of asparagus with a thread so that the vegetables cook evenly.
How to Boil Asparagus
1. Place the asparagus in a tall pot and cover half the length of the asparagus with water to steam the asparagus heads.
2. Salt the water at the rate of 1 teaspoon per 1 liter of water.
3. Put the pan on a strong fire and wait for it to boil.
4. After boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cook the asparagus for 3-4 minutes.
Serve hot asparagus with your favorite sauces.
How to steam asparagus
1. Put the asparagus in the steamer container, sprinkle with salt evenly.
2. Pour water into the water container.
3. Steam green asparagus for 5 minutes, white asparagus for 7 minutes.
See how to cook dried asparagus .
Cream of asparagus soup
Asparagus – 600 grams
Butter – 100 grams
Flour – 200 grams
Milk – 1 cup
Egg yolks – 2 pieces
How to cook asparagus cream soup
1. Boil fresh asparagus, then rub through a sieve, add 1 glass of broth, bring to a boil.
2. Mix the egg yolks, milk and butter, flour, season the asparagus with the mixture.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Serve with bacon on plates.
– White asparagus differs from green, first of all, in the way of cultivation: white asparagus grows in the form of a root and is removed from the ground quite young, therefore it has a white color. Green asparagus is young stems up to 20 centimeters long, ascending to the sun and therefore acquiring a classic color.
– It is believed that white asparagus is more nutritious , because. on the surface of the soil, asparagus sprouts partially lose nutrients.
– The taste of both white and green asparagus resembles the taste of green peas.
– The cost of asparagus in stores is from 1,000 rubles / 1 kilogram of fresh green asparagus and from 1,000 rubles / 1 kilogram of white asparagus (as of April 2017). Asparagus is considered a delicacy. Frozen asparagus is sold for 200-300 rubles per pound.
Asparagus is named after the amino acid asparagine in Latin. Asparagus is enriched with this acid, the use of foods containing asparagine is considered necessary for the normal functioning of the nervous system and the support of activity.
– When choosing asparagus in the store, you need to pay attention to the appearance of asparagus: sprouts or roots should not be flabby, but elastic; the skin should be even, the fruits without damage, the color should be of natural brightness.
– Calorie content of boiled white asparagus – 17 kcal / 100 grams, green – 25 kcal / 100 grams.