It takes about 2 hours to cook 1 kilogram of eggplant caviar.
Classic eggplant caviar recipe
Per 1 liter of eggplant caviar
Eggplants – 1 kilogram
Tomatoes – 2 medium
Onions – 1 large head
Garlic – 3 teeth
Bulgarian pepper – 2 medium or 1 large
Salt – 1 tablespoon
Ground black pepper – 1 teaspoon
How to cook eggplant caviar
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees, it will take 5-7 minutes.
2. Wash and dry the vegetables with a napkin.
3. With a fork with sharp teeth, chop the eggplants, peppers and tomatoes to a depth of 0.5 millimeters.
4. Put the eggplants on a baking sheet (you can first cover with baking paper or foil) and put in a preheated oven.
5. Bake eggplant for 40 minutes.
6. Cut the eggplants lengthwise, pick up with a fork, transfer to a bowl and scrape the eggplant pulp into a bowl.
7. Put the tomatoes and bell pepper on a baking sheet, bake them for 15 minutes.
8. Peel and finely chop the peppers and tomatoes, add to the eggplant bowl and mix.
9. Run a knife through the mixture so that the eggplant pulp is evenly distributed in the caviar.
10. Transfer the caviar products to a saucepan and put on a quiet fire, cook until onion is added for 10 minutes.
11. Peel the onion and chop finely.
12. Heat the frying pan, pour in the oil, put the onions and fry over medium heat for 7 minutes.
13. Peel the garlic, chop finely and add to the onion, fry for another 2 minutes.
14. Add fried onions and garlic to eggplant caviar and cook for another 10 minutes.
15. Salt and pepper eggplant caviar (taste after cooling a small amount of eggplant caviar).
16. Wash, rinse and pour 1 cm of water into each jar for eggplant caviar.
17. Place both cans in the microwave, set to 800 watts and hold for 1.5 minutes: it is important that the water in the cans boil and the resulting steam processes the walls of the can, completely disinfecting it.
18. Drain the hot water and immediately start filling the jars with boiling eggplant caviar.
19. When the jars are filled with eggplant caviar up to their shoulders, rinse each of the lids with boiling water and screw the jars tightly.
20. Turn the jars upside down and wrap in a blanket until completely cooled.
21. Remove jars of eggplant caviar for storage – it will take 1 week to fully reveal the taste.
Eggplant caviar in a slow cooker
Products for cooking eggplant caviar
Eggplant – 3 pieces
Onion – 2 heads
Carrots – 1 piece
Sweet bell pepper – 2 pieces
Tomatoes – 2 pieces
Vegetable oil – 5 tablespoons
Garlic – 3 cloves
Salt and black ground pepper – to taste
Eggplant caviar in a slow cooker
The first rule of eggplant caviar cooked in a slow cooker is a sharp knife. Therefore, it should be well sharpened.
Peel the onion and chop finely. Wash the sweet pepper, remove the stalk and seeds, and finely chop. Scrape the carrot and grate on a coarse grater. Peel the eggplant and grate on a coarse grater. Pour boiling water over the tomatoes, peel, and finely chop. Peel the garlic and finely chop.
Set the multicooker to the “Baking” mode, pour in vegetable oil and add onions. Fry the onion, stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula, 7 minutes. Then put the pepper and fry for another 10 minutes, stirring. Add carrots and mix well. Lay out the grated eggplant.
Reconfigure the slow cooker to the “Extinguishing” mode and set the cooking time – 1 hour. Boil eggplant caviar for 40 minutes, then add tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic. Cook for another 20 minutes, then spread the eggplant caviar into jars.
– To simplify the recipe, you can peel, cut the eggplants and boil them together with tomatoes and bell peppers. However, in this case, the finished eggplant caviar will be devoid of baked flavor. It should also be borne in mind that it is very convenient to bake eggplants – they do not need to be peeled and, if you use baking paper or foil, you do not need to expend effort on washing. Such a recipe can be found on the page dedicated to cooking eggplant .
– Eggplants are called “blue” for their color, this name is typical for the south of Russia and Ukraine.
– There is an opinion that eggplant caviar becomes tastier if the prepared vegetables are not cut into pieces, but crushed with a crush . In Odessa, where “blue” caviar is a very popular, almost cult dish, a special wooden beater-mixer is used for this purpose, similar in shape to an oar. With this device, the vegetable pulp is “knocked out” to the state of gruel.
– Baked garlic will add a special taste to eggplant caviar. Cut two heads across, grease the slices with vegetable oil. Wrap the garlic in foil and bake with the eggplant in the oven. Let the cooked garlic cool and use the pulp, which takes on the consistency of a paste.
— In Armenia, caviar is prepared from vegetables baked over an open fire. Smoky appetizer acquires a very special smell and taste.
– The minimum set of vegetables for caviar: eggplant, tomatoes and garlic. The classic recipe for eggplant caviar can be supplemented with fresh chili peppers, sour apples and carrots. Vegetables pre-bake, boil or fry.
– You can experiment with a set of vegetables when cooking eggplant caviar, but it must be borne in mind that the taste of eggplant caviar will be harmonious if the following proportions are observed : for 1 kilogram of eggplant, take no more than 1 kilogram of other vegetables.
– Useful tasty and fragrant eggplant caviar is made by fiber, which stimulates intestinal motility and potassium, which is necessary for the rhythmic work of the heart muscle.
– Caloric content of eggplant caviar – 90 kcal / 100 grams.