In a saucepan: put frozen dumplings (shop-ready products) with potatoes, cherries or cottage cheese into boiling water and cook for 15 minutes after boiling without defrosting.
Steamed in a double boiler: cook dumplings for 20 minutes.
How to cook dumplings
1. Boil water: pour 0.5 liters of water into 1 serving of dumplings (15-20 pieces), add a little salt if necessary.
2. When the water boils, put the dumplings into the water.
3. Cook dumplings with any fillings for 15 minutes.
4. Drain the water, transfer the dumplings to a plate.
5. Serve dumplings with a cube of butter and sour cream.
How to cook dumplings in a double boiler
1. Draw water into the liquid compartment, switch the steamer to the on mode for 25 minutes.
2. After 5 minutes, the water will boil, by this time put the dumplings on the steamer tray, cover with a lid and set over the steam. It is important that dumplings should be placed freely on the tray so that the steam processes the dumplings over the entire surface.
3. Cook any dumplings – with potatoes, with cherries and cottage cheese – for 20 minutes on the lower level of the double boiler, 25 on the middle and 30 on the top.
How long to cook dumplings with potatoes, cottage cheese, cherries Boil dumplings with potatoes
for 15 minutes, since the potatoes are already cooked.
Boil dumplings with good quality cottage cheese for 10 minutes, but if flour or semolina was added to the filling, then 5 minutes longer.
Boil dumplings with cherries for 15 minutes until the dough is completely cooked.
Dumplings that are blinded by hand (even in special factories) are better to cook longer. Because there is no automatic monitoring of the quality of modeling, it may turn out that a thick layer of dough is formed at the junction of the seams, which needs to be boiled longer.
How to serve dumplings?
Put ready-made dumplings on a plate and, according to tradition, pour with butter. For a savory filling – dumplings can be sprinkled with herbs, served with sour cream or sauce. Sweet dumplings can also be served with sour cream or condensed milk .
How to store boiled dumplings?
Put the dumplings out of the broth on a plate, cool, cover and put in the refrigerator for a maximum of 2 days.
How to make dumplings
Flour – 3 cups
Water – 1/3 cup
Milk – 1/3 cup
Egg whites – 3 pieces
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Filling for dumplings – half a kilo
How to cook
1. For dumpling dough, knead 3 cups of wheat flour, 1/3 cup of water, 1/3 cup of milk, 3 egg whites and 1 teaspoon of salt.
2. Cover the dough and insist for 40 minutes at room temperature.
3. Roll out the dough for dumplings with a rolling pin on the table with a large and thin layer (2-2.5 mm).
4. Prepare either a round mold, or a glass, or a glass 4-5 cm in radius – and squeeze out cakes (of the same size). Re-mix the remaining dough, roll out – and so on until the dough runs out.
5. Prepare the filling. For dumplings, fillings are suitable, the cooking time of which does not exceed 15 minutes. The most popular fillings are cherries, potatoes with boiled mushrooms, cottage cheese, and cabbage. If you want to be original, you can try making dumplings with strawberries, cheese, bacon, pumpkin, zucchini with cheese, liver or onions. For special originality, dumplings with shrimp or squid are suitable.
6. Put the filling on 1 half of the dumplings, cover with the second half. Gently pinch the edges of the pastry.
7. Pour water into a saucepan and put on fire.
8. Bring the water to a boil and put the dumplings.
9. Cook dumplings for 15 minutes.
Fillings for dumplings
The most popular fillings for dumplings are cherries, potatoes with boiled mushrooms , cottage cheese, and cabbage. If you want to be original, you can try making dumplings with strawberries, cheese, bacon, pumpkin, zucchini with cheese, liver or onions. And if you want to frankly show off, dumplings with shrimp or squid are definitely suitable for this.
Put the filling on 1 half of the dumplings, cover with the second half. Gently pinch the edges of the pastry.
Put dumplings in boiling water, cook for 10-15 minutes after boiling.
Dough for dumplings on kefir
Kefir – 1.3 cups
Chicken egg – 1 piece
Salt – half a teaspoon
Wheat flour – 750 grams
Stuffing for dumplings – half a kilo
How to cook
1. Pour kefir into a deep bowl.
2. Break the chicken egg into a bowl, beat, add to kefir and mix.
3. Sift a third of the flour into a large bowl, pour in kefir with eggs and mix.
4. Gradually adding flour, knead a stiff dough – it should not stick to your hands.
Your dough for dumplings on kefir is ready, you can start rolling and sculpting dumplings.