It takes a day to make cocido. Net time in the kitchen – 3 hours.
How to cook cocido
per pan 5 liters
Chickpeas – 200 grams
Chicken breasts – 2 pieces Beef
pulp – 500 grams
Salo – a small piece, preferably with a meat slot
Choriso (Spanish spicy sausage) – 2 pieces
White cabbage – 200 grams
Sweet pepper (green) – 2 pieces
Tomatoes (small size) – 2 pieces
Potatoes – 4 pieces
Small vermicelli – 2 tablespoons
Salt – 1 tablespoon
How to cook cocido
1. Rinse the chickpeas, cover with cold water and soak for 8 hours.
2. Defrost the meat, if it was frozen, and rinse under running water.
3. Pour chickpeas into a 5 liter saucepan.
4. Pour water into the pan to 2/3 of its volume, put the pan on the fire.
5. Add chicken breasts and a whole piece of lard to the pan.
6. Bring to a boil over high heat.
7. After the soup has boiled, reduce the heat to medium.
8. Remove the foam, salt the cocido.
9. Cook for 3 hours.
10. If a lot of water has boiled away, you can add water to the pan.
11. Peel, wash and cut the potatoes into cubes with a side of 2 centimeters.
12. Wash the pepper, remove the seed nest and stalk, cut into half rings.
13. Peel the cabbage from dirty leaves, wash, and chop into large strips.
14. Wash the tomatoes and cut into 4 parts.
15. Cut the blood sausage into large circles.
16. Add vegetables and black pudding to the soup, cook for 20 minutes.
17. If the meat and chickpeas are soft, the soup is ready.
18. Take some broth into a small saucepan.
19. Put the broth on the stove, boil.
20. Pour in vermicelli, cook for 2 minutes.
Serve the cosido hot, pouring into plates, putting the vermicelli in a separate bowl.
Cocido is a traditional Spanish thick soup . It is based on smoked meat, vegetables and chickpeas. Kosido is two dishes in one: first and second.
— Residents of the northern provinces of Spain cook cocido with beans . In the south of the country, soup is made with chickpeas .
— Kosido is a very satisfying dish . Traditionally, it was distributed among the poorest peasants, as it perfectly restored strength after hard physical work, especially in cold winters. Soup was served as the first course. The second dish was boiled chickpeas with vegetables. Then followed sausage and boiled meat. Since the beginning of the 20th century, cocido has become increasingly popular among the middle class and even among the nobility. Today, cocido soup is included in the menu of many restaurants. There are restaurants that specialize in making cocido.
Cocido soup can be served for both lunch and dinner.
— Pork and beef can be used to make cosido soup. Fans of less high-calorie food can use turkey or chicken meat.
– Standard proportions for cooking cosido (for a five-liter pan: 500 grams of meat, 300 grams of smoked meats, 200 grams of chickpeas, 200 grams of cabbage.
– It is believed that the Jews came up with the prototype of cosido, preparing the most satisfying dish before Shabbat.
— It is recommended to cook cosido in a thick-walled pan.
– Traditionally , if you were invited to a cosido, then you, as a guest, should not come empty-handed. At the very least, take a bottle of wine.
— Cosido is served with herbs, marinades and pickles, as well as fresh wholemeal bread.
— Since cocido is cooked for a very long time, restaurants accept orders in advance for cooking. So that you get not yesterday’s, but just cooked soup.