Soup cook-a-licky cook 2.5 hours.
How to cook coc-a-licky soup
Chicken thighs – 4 pieces
Water – 2 liters
Onion – head
Barley – a third of a glass
Leek – piece
Celery – 2 stalks
Fresh thyme – sprig
Parsley – bunch
Black pepper – half a teaspoon
Salt – to taste
How to cook coc-a-liqui soup
1. Wash chicken thighs in cold water.
2. Peel and chop onions.
3. Rinse the barley in cold water.
4. Pour two liters of water into the pan, lay the chicken, onion and barley, place on a strong fire, let it boil.
5. Reduce heat to low, cook for 60 minutes.
6. Remove the chicken thighs from the broth, remove the skin, remove the meat from the bones, cut into small pieces; remove bones.
7. Wash leek, celery, parsley, thyme, chop.
8. Put chicken, leek, celery, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper into the broth, keep on low heat for 30 minutes.
Cock a licky is a traditional Scottish soup. The name means “leek” in Scottish.
— In a traditional Scottish recipe, prunes are added to the soup.
– You can put potatoes , rice or barley in kok-a- liki to make the dish more satisfying.
— Coq-a-liqui is related to French onion soup due to its onion content.