Chupe soup cook for an hour and a half.
How to make chupe soup
King shrimp – 250 grams
Quinoa – 200 grams
Banana – 1 large
Bulb onion – half
Bulgarian pepper – half
Dried coriander – 0.5 tablespoon
Roasted peanuts – 2 tablespoons
Milk – 4 tablespoons
Water – 2 cups
Ground cumin – 1 / 2 teaspoons
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
How to cook chupe soup
1. Defrost and peel shrimps.
2. Fold the shrimp shells into a saucepan, add water, cook for 15 minutes.
3. Grind shrimp shells in a blender.
4. Squeeze the resulting mass through a fine sieve, save the resulting liquid.
5. Peel shrimp from shells and black streaks.
6. Peel the onion, rinse, cut into small pieces.
7. Wash the pepper, remove the seeds, cut into strips.
8. Pour vegetable oil into a saucepan, heat over low heat.
9. Add onion, pepper and coriander to the oil.
10. Clean and wash the yuca, remove the core.
11. Cut the yuca into cubes with a side of 3 centimeters.
12. Add the prepared yuca to the frying, fry for 3 minutes.
13. Add a decoction obtained from shrimp shells, cook for 10 minutes.
14. Beat milk and peanuts with a blender.
15. Peel bananas, cut into thin circles.
16. Add the peanut mixture, salt, shrimp meat and bananas to the soup.
17. Cook chupe soup for 15 minutes.
Serve chupe soup hot.
– The birthplace of chupe soup is Peru, where there is a lot of seafood. The soup is also common in Bolivia and Peru.
– For the traditional Chupe soup, crayfish are used (can be replaced with more affordable shrimp).
– To prepare Chupe soup, you can use chicken broth , then the soup will be more rich.
– Rare for Russia, yuca (another name is edible cassava) can be bought in Korean stores or replaced with potatoes, preferably sweet varieties.
– Chupe soup is served in deep bowls or earthenware pots.
– For satiety, add corn , green peas , rice and / or quinoa to the soup , adding 20 minutes before the end of cooking.