Boil chicken soup for 1 hour.
chicken soup recipe
Products per pan 3 liters
Chicken – 400 grams
Onion – 1 large onion
Carrots – 2 medium pieces
Garlic – 2 cloves
Potatoes – 2 large potatoes
Vermicelli – 2 tablespoons
Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
Salt – 1 tablespoon without a hill
Peppercorns – for shades of sharpness – 5 pieces, for a spicy taste – 10-15 pieces
Greens – to taste (parsley, dill)
How to cook
- Pour 2 liters of water into a 3-liter saucepan, put on fire.
- Wash the chicken, inspect the skin for remnants of feathers, and put in a saucepan, add parsley, peppercorns, salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 40 minutes, during which time any chicken meat will be cooked and the broth will become moderately fatty. If you cook longer, the broth will become more and more rich, and the meat, accordingly, will be softer.
- When the broth is cooked, strain it so that the pepper and spices do not fall into the plates, return to the pan and return to the fire.
- Put the chicken on a wide plate, cool for 5-10 minutes and disassemble: leave the meat, remove or leave the cartilage and skin to taste. Cut the edible parts and return to the boiling broth.
- While the water boils again, peel and cut the potatoes into soup.
- Peel and chop onions, garlic and carrots, the easiest option is to throw raw directly into the soup, but you can also fry in oil. Put in the soup 10 minutes after laying the potatoes.
- Lay vermicelli.
- Serve with fresh chopped herbs, sour cream and white bread.
Which chicken to take for soup
– either 3 thighs weighing 150 grams each, for a rich soup with a high meat content
– or 4 wings weighing 100 grams each, for fatty but not very meaty soup
– or, for a dietary soup, 1 fillet weighing 300 grams, for not very dietary – fillet with skin
– or chicken legs – 5-6 pieces depending on size
– or a quarter of a whole small chicken
What you can not put in chicken soup
You can not add potatoes to the soup, but keep in mind that then the soup will be less nutritious, and therefore it is better to replace the potatoes with something. Add a little more carrots and vermicelli to the chicken soup, and when the soup is cooked, put the hard-boiled chicken eggs in the bowls. You can also not add vermicelli, replacing it with rice – 3 tablespoons of rice with a slide is enough for a 3-liter pan – better than round-grain.
How to make chicken soup tastier
Sweetish vegetables – broccoli, bell pepper, tomato, leek, zucchini – are perfectly combined in chicken soup – they can be chopped and added to vegetables when roasting or in 10-15 minutes directly into the soup. You can also add celery and sorrel.
To make chicken soup a complete and very rich dish, add 100 grams of melted cheese 2 minutes before the end of cooking. Instead of vermicelli, you can use homemade noodles or even make dumplings.
What kind of chicken to take for soup
For soup, chicken with skin and bones is perfect: the skin will give the broth fat and nutrition, the bones will give flavor, and the meat from the bone parts of the chicken will be the softest. But for a diet, you can cook fillet soup, or use the same bone parts of a chicken, but for a larger volume of water.
How to serve chicken soup
It is delicious to serve sour cream, white croutons (directly into the soup or as a bite), herbs and even fresh lemon juice on the table with chicken soup. Cheese toast is perfect for an appetizer.