Put the chicken liver in boiling water, cook for 10 – 15 minutes over low heat.
Boil chicken liver in a double boiler for 30 minutes. In a slow cooker and pressure cooker, cook chicken liver for 15 minutes.
How to cook chicken liver
How to prepare chicken liver for cooking
1. Defrost chicken liver if necessary in the refrigerator, then rinse under cold water.
2. Carefully remove the veins from the liver, films and, of course, the bile ducts so that the dish does not taste bitter.
3. Rinse the chopped liver again, let the water drain, cut it into pieces if necessary and proceed directly to cooking.
How to cook chicken liver in a saucepan
1. Fill the pot halfway with water and boil.
2. Dip the washed liver into the pan and cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, no more – during digestion, the beneficial properties that the product is rich in disappear, and the liver itself becomes stiff. 3. Readiness to check with a knife: in a well-cooked chicken liver, a clear juice should stand out when pierced.
How to cook chicken liver in a double boiler
1. Cut the liver into pieces. During the cutting process, quite a lot of juice can form, therefore, before sending the liver to the double boiler, it is necessary, carefully holding the pieces with the palm of your hand, to drain excess liquid from the board.
2. Put the pieces in the main container of the steamer and salt to taste. If desired, before cooking, you can grease the chicken liver with sour cream for softness.
3. Put the chicken liver in a single layer in the lower steam basket, cover with a lid, pour water into a special container, cook the liver in a double boiler for half an hour.
How to cook chicken liver for a child
1. Fill the pot halfway with water and boil.
2. Dip the liver into the pan and cook over moderate heat for 15-20 minutes.
3. Scroll the boiled liver through a meat grinder, and then wipe through a sieve.
4. Salt the finished liver puree a little, put it in a saucepan and heat it over low heat while stirring. During heating, you can add a small piece (30-40 grams) of butter and stir.
Salad with chicken liver
Chicken liver – 400 grams
Onion – 1 piece
Carrot – 1 piece
Pickled cucumbers – 2 pieces
Vegetable oil for frying – 4 tablespoons
Mayonnaise – 2 tablespoons with top
Fresh dill – 3 sprigs
Salt – 1/3 teaspoon
Water – 1 liter
1. Defrost chicken liver, put in a colander and rinse under running water.
2. Pour 1 liter of water into a small saucepan, add 1/3 teaspoon of salt, put on medium heat.
3. When the water boils, put whole (do not cut) pieces of the liver into it. After the water boils again, cook for 10 minutes over low heat.
4. Drain the water through a colander, let the liver cool slightly.
5. Cut the liver into small cubes and put on a plate.
6. Prepare vegetables: finely chop the onion, grate the raw carrots on a coarse grater, peel the pickles and cut into cubes.
7. Put the pan on medium heat, pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil into it.
Put the chopped onion into the heated oil, fry for 1 minute, stir, fry for another 1 minute, put the onion on top of the liver pieces. Do not stir.
8. Put the chopped pickles in the next layer.
9. Put the pan back on medium heat, pour 2 tablespoons of oil, put the carrots, grated on a coarse grater. Fry for 1.5 minutes, stir, fry for another 1.5 minutes, put the carrots on a layer of pickles.
10. Apply mayonnaise to a layer of carrots and sprinkle the salad with finely chopped dill.
Serve warm chicken salad.
Store boiled chicken liver and dishes with its use in the refrigerator for no more than 24 hours.
The calorie content of boiled chicken liver is about 140 kcal / 100 grams.
The average cost of a kilogram of frozen chicken liver is 140 rubles. (on average in Moscow as of June 2017).
100 grams of chicken liver provide the daily human need for iron, in addition, the liver contains folic acid, which normalizes the process of hematopoiesis, which is important for anemia. The liver contains a lot of vitamin A, which is useful for vision and skin.
Fry the chicken liver over medium heat, 5 minutes on each side.
When choosing frozen chicken liver, pay attention to the integrity of the packaging.
The color of a benign liver is brown, uniform, without whitish or too dark areas.
In a double boiler, chicken liver is cooked for 30 minutes. When steamed, the product fully retains its beneficial properties.
Boiled chicken liver in cream
Chicken liver – 300 grams
Sweet pepper – 1 piece
Onion – 1 head
Cream – 200 ml
Butter – 1 tablespoon
1. In a saucepan in oil, simmer finely chopped onion, then add chopped sweet pepper, simmer for another 5 minutes.
2. Add chicken liver, simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Pour in the cream and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes.
Alternatively, in addition to cream, you can add sour cream to the liver
Chicken liver pate
Chicken liver – 500 grams
Butter – 2 tablespoons
Carrots – 1 medium carrot
Onions – 1 head
Sunflower oil – 2 tablespoons
Greens, ground black pepper and salt – to taste
How to cook the pate
1. Rinse the chicken liver, dry it and fry in sunflower oil over medium heat for 5-7 minutes.
2. Peel the onion, finely chop and fry.
3. Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
4. Add onions and carrots to the chicken liver, mix, fry for another 10 minutes.
5. Grind the fried chicken liver with vegetables with a blender, add butter, salt and pepper, mix well.
6. Cover the chicken liver pate, cool, leave in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
7. Serve chicken liver pate sprinkled with herbs.