Cherry jam cook for 2 hours.
How to make cherry jam
Ingredients for jam
Fresh cherries – 1 kilogram
Sugar – 1 cup
Soda – 1 teaspoon
1. Thoroughly wash the cherries, remove the pits with a hairpin, tear off the stalks.
2. Scroll the cherries through a meat grinder and pour into a container for cooking jam.
How to cook cherry jam in a saucepan
1. Put the jam on medium heat, bring to a boil and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
2. Add soda, mix well.
3. Pour sugar into the cherry mixture, bring to a boil and cook for another 40 minutes, removing the foam.
How to cook cherry jam in a slow cooker
1. Put the cherry in a slow cooker.
2. Set the multicooker to the “Stewing” mode and cook the jam without closing the lid for 1 hour.
3. Add soda, mix.
4. Pour sugar, cook jam for another 40 minutes, removing the foam.
How to cook cherry jam in a bread maker
1. Put the berries into the bread maker.
2. Close the lid of the bread maker, set to the “Jam” mode and cook for 30 minutes.
3. Open the lid, pour in soda, wait until the foam subsides.
4. Close the lid of the bread maker, continue cooking on the “Jam” mode until the signal (50 minutes more).
Preparation of cherry jam for the winter
Pour cherry jam into jars, roll up, turn over and wrap in a blanket. In this state, wait for the jam to cool and put it in storage.
– Cherries for jam must be taken with twigs – especially to keep the berry structure intact and give rise to the processes of decay and the emission of juice.
– Since cherries do not contain sticky substances, like apples, for example, to achieve the consistency of jam, cherries must either be boiled for a long time or use pectin. In case you want to cook dietary cherry jam, it is recommended to resort to the use of gelatin. To do this, for 1 kilogram of berries, provide 10-20 grams of gelatin (if up to 0.5 kilograms of sugar is added, then 40 grams of pectin should be put). Gelatin must be diluted with cooled cherry juice or water, and poured into the boiled jam 5 minutes before the end of cooking. After that, the jam must be constantly stirred.
– A way to make cherry jam thick without gelatin is to add 400-500 grams of apples per 1 kilogram of cherries and in this case use sugar not 1 cup, but 1.5.
– When making cherry jam, keep in mind that 1 kilogram of cherries will make a 400-gram jar of jam. Basically, the decrease in volume is affected by boiling and removal of stones.
– Soda in cherry jam is needed then to enhance the bright color. The addition of soda does not affect the taste of the finished jam.
– To quickly peel the pits from cherries, you can use a regular pin. To begin with, it must be disinfected, then holding the berry in the left hand, stick the pin into the cherry almost to the end with the right, bending around the bone, pry off the bone and pull the pin along with the bone towards you and slightly to the side.