The principle of cooking cheese soup: vegetables are boiled in water, milk or broth, melted cheese or several different types of cheese are added to them, and simmer for a couple of minutes, after which the soup is infused without fire under the lid. As a rule, the soup is boiled for 1-2 meals, the cooking process takes no more than an hour.
How to cook cheese soup
Processed cheese “Druzhba”, “Karat”, etc. – 200 g
Potatoes – 2 large
Carrots and onions – 1 large
each Water – 2 liters (can be replaced with milk or a mixture of cream and water)
Salt – 1 teaspoon, take into account the saltiness of the cheese
Butter – 30 grams
cheese soup recipe
- Heat 2 liters of water in a kettle, and while it is heating, prepare the vegetables: peel the potatoes and carrots and chop them into cubes, finely chop the onion. Carrots can be fried along with onions, and for a dietary option, it is better to boil carrots.
- Pour boiling water into the pan, put the vegetables and cook under the lid for about 15 minutes, and at this time start frying: fry the onion in butter in a pan until golden brown – this will give the cheese soup an appetizing smell.
- Put the frying together with all the butter in a common brew, add cheese and stir until boiling. Don’t miss the moment of boiling – the cheese gives a lot of foam and can boil away from the pan. Then grind everything with a blender and boil for a couple of minutes.
- Finish cooking the cheese soup: insist it for 10 minutes under a tightly covered lid, check for salt, and serve, sprinkled with chopped herbs.
How else to cook cheese soup
– on chicken broth with chicken pieces – first boil the chicken broth , then the principle is the same
– with finely chopped ham and sprinkle with black croutons on top – ham is added along with cheese, croutons are poured onto the soup into bowls
– with fried fresh champignons and chopped carrots – fry the champignons with onions and thin slices of carrots
– Part of the processed cheese for cheese soup can be replaced with hard or soft.
– You can cook cheese soup on chicken, mushroom, meat or vegetable broth .
– After the cheese soup is cooked, you can turn it into a puree with a blender.
– Keep in mind that cheese soup becomes thicker when cooling – to return to its former consistency, simply add boiling water to the heated soup and mix.
– Ready cheese soup can be decorated with herbs, crackers, croutons – this should be done in plates.
Because of the calorie content, cheese soup is served not only for lunch, but also for dinner, along with a light side dish of vegetables.
– The calorie content of the dish depends on the type of cheese: if you cook cheese soup according to a simple recipe, 80-90 kcal / 100 grams.
– Spices such as oregano, thyme, marjoram are great for cooking cheese soup.